Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A guy told me he cant join PA............

Beerburgerbonk

He said he went to PA, at my recommendation, chose a user name and password, entered his email address but never received a reply from PA confirming he had joined

Went back to PA, logged in and was asked/told ? to reconfirm his user name then another email would be sent to him.

He said he still didn't get one, checked his spam folder etc but still no email so he tried to register with another email address using a different user name I think but exactly the same happened.

This was over several hours so he just gave in.

Maybe this is just down to him, his AV ?, his email provider ?, I don't know but as I have noticed the "red lettering" over the past few days and that previously there was definitely a technical issue a few months back so I just thought I would point this out.

Perhaps its him but he seems like a stand up guy and I've know him now for a few months.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

He said he went to PA, at my recommendation, chose a user name and password, entered his email address but never received a reply from PA confirming he had joined

Went back to PA, logged in and was asked/told ? to reconfirm his user name then another email would be sent to him.

He said he still didn't get one, checked his spam folder etc but still no email so he tried to register with another email address using a different user name I think but exactly the same happened.

This was over several hours so he just gave in.

Maybe this is just down to him, his AV ?, his email provider ?, I don't know but as I have noticed the "red lettering" over the past few days and that previously there was definitely a technical issue a few months back so I just thought I would point this out.

Perhaps its him but he seems like a stand up guy and I've know him now for a few months.

PM a MOD with his email im sure they would help

Could his IP be a banned one?

Banning IP addresses can cause a lot of grief for innocent users who are using the former IP addresses of a malicious user, and sometimes a range of IP addresses is banned thus causing the banning of innocent users to affect even more people.

PM a MOD with his email im sure they would help

I don't know what it is, the guy was just pissed off and went on for a good 5 minutes about it.

I started the topic to really find out if there actually was a problem or not or if it was down to the guys set up or email address, maybe some are banned or just simply reject any PA emails without even putting them in the spam box or whatever.

Could his IP be a banned one?

Banning IP addresses can cause a lot of grief for innocent users who are using the former IP addresses of a malicious user, and sometimes a range of IP addresses is banned thus causing the banning of innocent users to affect even more people.

Cheers mate, I didn't think of that.

Could be the case but he is in Pattaya now, so maybe it could be the IP address of where he is staying.......he is not at the "banned place", somewhere around 3rd Rd.

Cheers mate, I didn't think of that.

Could be the case but he is in Pattaya now, so maybe it could be the IP address of where he is staying.......he is not at the "banned place", somewhere around 3rd Rd.

It's easy to test, he could try popping into someplace else with free wifi, then see if he can join from there.

Taking a look at this via PM.  Most likely it's an issue with the e-mail address, but I will look in to it.

BTW, we only ban IP's as a last resort and if it's reasonably certain it's not going to affect BM's other than the individual that's causing problems.  The only exception to this I can think of relates to a certain Soi 6 agogo that was spamming the Forum and got all their business and private IP's banned.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I often wondered about banning IP addresses as many guys use internet cafes and many live in apartments and even hotels, so 1 guy misbehaving on PA, or any forum for that matter, could get the IP banned and scores of others would be stuffed too. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Following on from what Perthie has said and the seemingly last resort policy of blocking an IP address it now seems to me that its extremely probable its the email provider he used.

I have no idea which one it was or is but will ask when I next bump into him.

Just as an aside,  the spam emails I get seem to come mainly from Yahoo email addresses.

Archived