IGNORED

steak&co

peter1950

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just left here, was pretty damn good. Hankering for a steak and usually I go to Beefeater but gave here a try and it was spot on, fillet with peppercorn sauce and potato gratin, washed down with a couple of beer lao, can't complain at all. A thumbs up from me!

• 2 weeks later...

Better than beefeater?

Yes it's better than Beefeater. We been in both restaurants several times and Steak & CO easily slap Beefeater on the fingers. It's more expensive but better quality mostly. Have a lot of picture but post them in another thread I think.

Yes it's better than Beefeater. We been in both restaurants several times and Steak & CO easily slap Beefeater on the fingers. It's more expensive but better quality mostly. Have a lot of picture but post them in another thread I think.

I wholeheartedly agree. 

I had their  Rib Eye tonight and it was excellent. Perfectly cooked and with a much stronger charbroiled flavor than you get at Beefeater. 250g was plenty for me. The sides were good too, but I didn't dare try the Mashed potatoes.555. I had Onion rings and ordered an extra side of veggies. They were great with the Pepper Sauce.

At 750 Baht it may seem expensive for Pattaya. But I don't think I could find a steak of that quality in the West for that price. 

I also had the Lobster Bisque to start. Nice chunks of Lobster. A bit too too creamy for me. But, still very good.   

I had a burger there the other day and it was very good too. The best one I have had thus far in Patts (though that really is not saying much). Still a good burger though.  

I am  a fan of  Beefeater and will still go there. Especially for their ribs and the immortal Shrimp Skagen!   I think the ambiance is better at Beefeater as well.. Service is about the same at both places.

But if you are looking for a steak this place beats Beefeater hands down. 

I know BKK & Pattaya are different price wise.

So I had a stake at that Argentinian statehouse Soi 13 BKK.

Had the Prime US 10 ounce, got chips free with it & 2 sauces, a peppercorn & mushroom.

Had extra onions & veg-at nearly 200Baht each.

2 SML at 170 plus plus each and a water.

Total bill 3500 Baht.

Fuckin rip off.

Steak was good, chips etc were average, sauces were bland, nothing special.

Give me Stake & Co any day

Steak and Co. would definitely be a place I'd frequent back home. It is that good. Especially for the price.

• 3 weeks later...

What counts as 'Early'?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

:hello09:

Urban Dictionary: :Finger5:

"Early bird"

An early bird is a term that refers to a guy that is easily aroused, cums too early, and lasts a short period of time.

"He was an early bird! I just started and he came all over me!" :LOL2:

:SoWhat1: 

BTW : What time do you serve "Early Bird Specials" from and until?  :GoldenSmile1:

Excellent initiative and very attractive prices!  But it would be good to know what the hours are for the early bird specials and whether the specials include the same sides as the regularly priced meals.  Anyone have the answers?

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

The early bird special comes with worms, not sure about any side dishes

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

The quality of the steaks are good but it's not the best place for a steak even if they do manage to cook them as ordered. In my experience.

From their facebook page:

Early Bird Specials! Now available 12.00 noon til 17.00 pm at Steak & Co.

The early bird special comes with worms, not sure about any side dishes

No, you have to go to a Thai restaurant for worms.

IMG_6073.jpg

Thank you for the answer!

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Worms will never catch on in the bar scene. They have sex themselves, cuts out the BF and LDs I suppose

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Cheers m8

My question is if they can do those specials during lunch time / afternoon, Why Can't they do some at night ?

Maybe they are busy enough in the evenings to not warrant doing specials?

Maybe they are busy enough in the evenings to not warrant doing specials?

Econ 101....

Sounds like a smart move to me to get the more budget conscious expats in to try their food and turn them into regulars.

And maybe to draw the early birds that go to bite me bistro around the corner which is doing well?

Archived