IGNORED

Turkish airlines or pay a bit more for Emirates?

vimto66

Been checking flights last day or two for my trip in july(from manchester),at the moment Turkish airlines is the cheapest on skyscanner for my dates,with Emirates next up but slightly dearer.Thing is i`ve been reading reviews and the vast vast majority of those reviews are not complimentary at all about Turkish airlines,quite the opposite.

Thinking about maybe paying a bit extra and going with Emirates,been with them a number of times and my experience has been generally good,even been upgraded a couple of times too.

I have actually read threads on her about them,opinions are mixed on here with a fair amount of thumbs down!

Gonna have another scout round,maybe something will crop up,southall travel had some good prices a day or two ago.

You going Manchester to Bangkok economy?

Turkish has a lousy disorganized airport at Istanbul. IFE not as good as the big three Qatar/Emirates/Etihad. Also I only got one free boozy drink out of Turkish. The other three got unlimited alcohol. Food is nice on Turkish and the seats ok. Whats the price difference? If about £20 difference take Turkish or maybe wait until end of February see if the big three come up with any deals. I normally like to book about 4 or 5 months before setting off for best price.

I'd go Emirates for sure out of those two.

Posted Image
X.

Have travelled with Turkish twice and they are OK; new planes, only downside is Istanbul is a shitty little airport. Have flown with Emirates 20 plus times but last time I booked where £100+ more expensive.

However, with Turkey involved with the war in Syria and the spat with Russia, I will be avoiding Turkish Airlines, just in case Putin decides to get revenge.

Emirates . 

Thanks everyone,think im gonna go with Emirates,unless of course some airline or other comes up with some ludicrously cheap prices!

Been checking flights last day or two for my trip in july(from manchester),at the moment Turkish airlines is the cheapest on skyscanner for my dates,with Emirates next up but slightly dearer.Thing is i`ve been reading reviews and the vast vast majority of those reviews are not complimentary at all about Turkish airlines,quite the opposite.

Thinking about maybe paying a bit extra and going with Emirates,been with them a number of times and my experience has been generally good,even been upgraded a couple of times too.

I have actually read threads on her about them,opinions are mixed on here with a fair amount of thumbs down!

Gonna have another scout round,maybe something will crop up,southall travel had some good prices a day or two ago.

My mate from Hudds always finds the best deal is with Etihad from manchester from your neck of the woods

My mate from Hudds always finds the best deal is with Etihad from manchester from your neck of the woods

I`ll take a look then,thanks.

I`ll take a look then,thanks.

Try their website direct, I always book direct with them even if its a few quid dearer.

Less hassle if you need to change anything.

Just booked my next trip in March today with Emirates .

Flew with them a few times before. No issues

Small seat pitch at 31" on the long sector flights with the Turks...... Emirates at 32/33" better obviously

Archived