IGNORED

Lamai, Samui- Girl friendly hotel?

I've searched and can't find a recent thread...apologies if I've missed it.

I'm looking for a girl friendly hotel in Lamai, walking distance from the bar area, budget around 3000 baht per night.

Any personal recommendation gratefully received....many thanks.

http://weekenderresort.com

I always use the Weekender Resort in Lamai. It's on the beach and a short walking distance to the beer bars. Oh and GF too.

Should be in your price range for the standard room..one word of warning though, they were building new bungalows right in the middle of the resort when I was there last Aug.

Most Lamai beach hotels don't have 24 hours reception. I've stayed at the Seabreeze resort and after 23:00 the reception was empty. When I was in Chaweng beach (Evergreen Resort) same history, after 23:00 nobody there except a sleeping security guard.

It has been a few years since I stayed in Lamai, but I always stayed at the Aloha Resort.  It is on the south end of the beach, so might be too far to walk.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

http://weekenderresort.com

I always use the Weekender Resort in Lamai. It's on the beach and a short walking distance to the beer bars. Oh and GF too.

Should be in your price range for the standard room..one word of warning though, they were building new bungalows right in the middle of the resort when I was there last Aug.

Thank you, noted.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I've pinged out a few emails to hotels I like the look of....I'll post when I have news.

I stayed a hathai house in lamai a few times.

Simple little Ma and Pop type hotel with a good pool.

Never had a problem bringing girls back.

Mum (what I called the female owner) would bring me breakfast in bed if she thought I had a big night out instead of me coming downstairs.

Not many people stay there, so they really put the effort in.

You'll find it on Agoda

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Lamai Wanta Beach Resort Koh Samui

is bang on the beach and just a short walk to the centre of the Lamai action spots: restaurants, beer bar area, and the other bar area with Muay Thai in the evening.

Stayed at Lamia Wanta a few years ago and had no problem taking back a girl from Willi's Bar. 

Lamai (on east coast) is a better area than the north coast of Koh Samui which is straggly ribbon development.

Stayed at the weekender also nice hotel, made the mistake of BF in the 1st bar on the 1st night (boxing ring in the middle ) lesson learned instantly. Might have been a one off but try to book a 1st floor room. Some guy on the bottom floor over looking the beach had a few things stolen off his balcony. Got to say.. The ladies massaging at the hotel are brilliant (2x heavier set women) to this day it's the best massage I've had in Los. The younger one (if she's still there ) had me bent double and they are a great laugh

Thankyou for the suggestions.

I've booked The Weekender. They have confirmed by email the construction is finished and my nightly Teerak can sleep over!

Will report back after my stay.

Holiday park Samui = cozy hotel in Lamai with nice swimming pool and totally GF, room 900 - 1250 and +- 200m to barcomplex

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm at the Weekender now.

Superior room at 3300 baht per night including (lousy) buffet breakfast.

The hotel is pretty much as one would expect for the price.

The reason for the post though is just to give a heads up that the reservation system here is utter chaos.

I booked direct 3 weeks ago with the hotel including airport pickup.my credit card was pre- authorised.

So no one met me at the airport, and when I made my own way to the hotel no booking!

Luckily they had space available so I was able to start the booking again!

I asked for the manager to ring my Thai mobile yesterday to explain what went wrong.No call so I went and found her. She hadn't called as she said it was too expensive to call a mobile number!

So it transpired this was the same person I had booked with.she signed off the emails and processed my credit card.

It's fair to say we had a frank discussion, and I have to conclude she is utterly incompetent....and ting tong!

So be very careful if you book direct. This lady runs the reservation department.

That's a pisser start trev, I can't remember who I used to make a booking at the hotel. Hope it's the only low point of your holiday mate.

How long you there for? I got a tad bored after 3 weeks in Lamai, not enough choice. But the beach was fantastic. Place to spend a week there with a BF just to chill I feel

Thanks... yes all's well now.

I'm here for 6 nights which I think is about right.

Frying on the beach by day and barhopping by night.

I've brought a couple of bargirls back and just walked through reception with them. No drama and no ID asked for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Evergreen in Chawang was guest friendly and a good stay for not too much.  A/c and wifi were fine.  Walking distance to the action. 

Archived