IGNORED

Need Iphone help? email me

yellowfeverexpat

Hello all I know alot of people use the Iphone but are having issues using it outside thier respective home country.

I work out of Singapore and the iphone is a big hit there but are paying way to much to have a "stealth" sim put in or to have the phone "broken" well Ihave been an Iphone owner from day 2 of thier release and have lived in Patts for a few months now and have no issues with my phone.

here is the how to. You only need to download a small program from the internet called Ziphone. Now google and youtube are going to be your best friend but at the end of the day once you have Ziphone downloaded you are only 15 minutes from having a international usable iphone.

Depending on what OS you use i.e. Windows XP or Vista will depend on what version of Ziphone you need. for XP i use Ziphone 2.5 its a no miss and havent had any issues. Vista is well tricker but doable but you need Ziphone 3.0.

If someone is willing to show me where or how to I will upload both files to the internet for forum users to download. I have 4 sim cards that I use after jailbreaking my phone. Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the USA. Feel free to contact me if you need some help with this but Ziphone software is straightforward and check out HOW TO JAILBREAK IPHONE on youtube before starting it will pay off for you. I am leaving for a 6 week job in Inida but I will be back in early Dec so if anyone has any issues when i get back I will be more than happy to help you out in person. Also dont throw your phone away if you do this and get a "blue screen of death" I have recovered 12 iphones in singapore for mates of mine and now they work great.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Yellowfeverexpat

Better still go buy an unlocked one in Hong Kong.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

• 1 month later...

What about data costs ?

I have an iPhone 3g and will be going to Thai for a year or so in 2 weeks time :)

To really use an iPhone 3g you need to have a cheap internet connection. Last time out I was using internet for footie scores and just a few pages were costing about 30 baht. Can you get a contract with free data like you can in the UK ??

Cheers for any help / ideas.

Som Num Na

• 4 months later...
What about data costs ?

I have an iPhone 3g and will be going to Thai for a year or so in 2 weeks time :LOL:

To really use an iPhone 3g you need to have a cheap internet connection. Last time out I was using internet for footie scores and just a few pages were costing about 30 baht. Can you get a contract with free data like you can in the UK ??

Cheers for any help / ideas.

a lot of time passed since this post, anyone knows now???

:GiveBeer1:

a lot of time passed since this post, anyone knows now???

If you dont want to fly to hong kong to get an unlocked fone and there are alot Fakes there as well so be careful i wouldnt call that the best advice in the world but UP TO YOU!

if you want to use your phone to check footie scores or surf just find a wifi connection most places in patts has them just wherever your staying configure your phone for the wifi and its free to surf all you want!! I never use my SIM card/airtime for surfing unless its someting i need ASAP.

Hope this helps.

Yellowfever expat!