Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ice coffee.

Started every day with one of these, from a cart right outside my hotel....

Does anyone have a tried and tested recipe they make at home??

Thanks.

Use this http://www.amazon.com/Kellys-Delight-Natural-Liquid-Sugar/dp/B0060NJZIYor another Liquid sugar - don't use Corn Syrup - nasty stuff. 

If you can't find Liquid sugar, heat a little cold brewed coffee (below) and blend in your own normal sugar. 

Very strong coffee, whatever brand you normally like.  I prefer medium roast, cold brewed. I put cold water and coffee grounds in a glass jar and leave it overnight (12 hours), then strain it through a normal coffee filter. Cold brewed seems to taste better rather than heating and cooling - the coffee tends to become more acidic when hot brewing or heating. I use one cup of coarse-ground coffee to 4 or 4.5 cups of water. Sounds like a lot, and it is! This makes a pretty strong concentrate. I add water when I make a glass of iced coffee. I add water at about a 1 part concentrate to 3 parts water ratio. This lets you make a bunch of concentrate and it takes up much less room in the fridge. 

Pour the cold brewed coffee over ice, add water to suit your taste, add your Liquid sugar to taste, then add whatever cream you use (milk, half and half, cream, flavored fake stuff, whatever). Use flavored Liquid coffee creamer if you like that stuff because the powdered type won't dissolve in cold coffee. You could heat up a little water or coffee and dissolve the stuff then add it. I prefer plain old whole milk so I just pour some in. 

Then you can go crazy and try adding other flavors. I prefer coffee flavored coffee :)

Use this http://www.amazon.com/Kellys-Delight-Natural-Liquid-Sugar/dp/B0060NJZIYor another liquid sugar - don't use Corn Syrup - nasty stuff. 

If you can't find liquid sugar, heat a little cold brewed coffee (below) and blend in your own normal sugar. 

Very strong coffee, whatever brand you normally like.  I prefer medium roast, cold brewed. I put cold water and coffee grounds in a glass jar and leave it overnight (12 hours), then strain it through a normal coffee filter. Cold brewed seems to taste better rather than heating and cooling - the coffee tends to become more acidic when hot brewing or heating. I use one cup of coarse-ground coffee to 4 or 4.5 cups of water. Sounds like a lot, and it is! This makes a pretty strong concentrate. I add water when I make a glass of iced coffee. I add water at about a 1 part concentrate to 3 parts water ratio. This lets you make a bunch of concentrate and it takes up much less room in the fridge. 

Pour the cold brewed coffee over ice, add water to suit your taste, add your liquid sugar to taste, then add whatever cream you use (milk, half and half, cream, flavored fake stuff, whatever). Use flavored liquid coffee creamer if you like that stuff because the powdered type won't dissolve in cold coffee. You could heat up a little water or coffee and dissolve the stuff then add it. I prefer plain old whole milk so I just pour some in. 

Then you can go crazy and try adding other flavors. I prefer coffee flavored coffee :)

Thanks very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived