IGNORED

Visa Exemption- re-entry question

David70

Australian passport holders are amongst the 50 or so countries that qualify for a visa exemption.

My understanding is there are no restrictions for re-entry into Thailand (through airports) provided you have a confirmed onward flight booking and you do not exceed a cumulative stay of 90 days in Thailand within a 6 month period.

I usually travel to Thailand every 2-3 months on the back of business trips. I just get a little nervous when there are all of these visa options people refer to when many countries do not require them.

I have never had a problem, although last trip I was re-entering after. 3 day side trip to Siem Reap and the Immigration officer asked me to fill in my Visa number. I just said to her I didn't have a visa. She just stamped me in after that. ( maybe she just forgot she was looking at an Australian passport?)

Any guidance or views would be appreciated

There is no 90 day limit for a 6 month period.

Archived