Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Utapao arrivals. Have taxies?

Sounder

Do they have actual taxies for arrivals at Utapao or do they need to be pre-booked? My friend doesn't want to do the shuttle bit and heard taxies may not be available.

I'm arriving from Singapore ~10pm and booked a taxi from Nam's Taxi. Here is her reply to my request:

Thank you for your message.

We can help you or that time.

The price is 800 baht all tolls including.

Can you Re-Confirm me again Few week before please . and I will let you know name of your Driver, her phone number and her picture.

Thank you

Nam

Here is her website:http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/

She also has a Facebook page.

Hope this helps.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Thanks LTGTR. Yes, my friends condo building has a service he can use also. But he won't bother if there are already taxies there waiting at the airport like in BKK

Last time I flew in to Utapao a few months ago there were no waiting taxis. I would pre-book to be safe.

Cheers

The shuttle bus touts were also offering taxis for 1000bht, but managed to get them down to 800bht. Mr T does Utapao pickups for 800bht, 700bht for drop offs.

i have flown back in to there twice, both times there was a couple taxi's waiting around and also a mini bus which i think was 300b per person. though the last time was about 18 months ago so things may have changed

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I came thru U-tapao last FEB, their were no taxis waiting, but you could book one at a counter, but I waited half hour for the car to turn up, better pre book - prices are similar I think I paid 800,-- THB

given the difference in distances the fees for U-tapao seem high? got to be one third the distance of swampy and no tolls?

Looks like prices have gone up , MrT used to be 650 Baht either way

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I'm in the process of working the same out myself.

Meow's taxi service quoted me 700 baht from U-tapao to my hotel.

The other option is the crane bus service, which is 250 baht and operates in a similar manner to the bell bus in bkk.

However there doesn't seem to be any schedule for the crane service available, and they're not replying to my enquiries.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What airlines fly to Utapao ? How far from Pattaya?

U-Tapao-Pattaya International Airport. It is approximately 90 miles (140 km) southeast of Bangkok, near Sattahip on the Gulf of Siam. It is located south of route 3 (Thanon Sukhumvit) at km 189, about a 45 minute drive from Pattaya 

i landed there from Macau, and didnt see any.  Not sure if there were some hiding but didnt appear so.    Like someone said, call and have them pick you up

Melbourne > Utapao 

7 hr wait in KL

Fuuck that

I'm fine paying 800b and having,"I will let you know name of your Driver, her phone number and her picture."  I don't know of any other service that goes that length.

Arriving at 10p,I'm pretty sure the bus service similar to Bell doesn't operate at that hour and even if t did, I wouldn't want to go to a central location and then be xferred to a minibus to my hotel. I'm fine with that during the day but after flying India,Singapore,U-Tapao,I want to get to the room and SSS and move on! 

-Frank Zappa

I answered that question and provided a link in another thread but I'll be happy to post it again:http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do?airport=%28UTP%29+Utapao+Airport%2C+Utapao%2C+TH&airportQueryDate=2016-01-02&airportQueryTime=-1&airlineToFilter=&airportQueryType=0&x=27&y=5

-Frank Zappa

Melbourne > Utapao 

7 hr wait in KL

Fuuck that

Archived