IGNORED

Good sushi?

navidnavid

Any reasonable sushi places in town?

Anyone tried Sushi Train off of WS? Is it still open?

Ive found affordable/tasty sushi in BKK at the On Nut night market, and I also enjoyed the sushi in Patong at Jungceylon mall (Sushi Box) , but I have yet to find a good place to eat sushi in Pattaya, other than Windmill, but they dont offer soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger...

Have eaten in Japanese restaurant in Central can't remember the name but was a little pricey but good quality.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

Shabu sushi,good selection plus make your own soup,drinks and desert included,Very popular with the thai girls for ariund 300 baht

Soi 3 Chamaki, search the restaurant section, evil and I have posted reviews.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

There's a new place on 3rd road near Cherry's. I haven't tried it yet--think it might be all you can eat, but you order what you want and they make it fresh.

I think there is a market for it! I lot of TG like sushi.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Osaka behind Tuk Com is a small but more traditional sushi place. Tried Yamato on soi Yamato once and was stuck inside for three days.

Shabu sushi,good selection plus make your own soup,drinks and desert included,Very popular with the thai girls for ariund 300 baht

u mean shabushi? i may be wrong. but the conveyer belt one.. so popular.. love it there... all you can eat sushi and food.. etc.. im pretty sure its more expensive than 300 baht now.. maybe 459 ?

bit pricey aint it?

i heard that is the reason that soi is called soi yamoto.. because of the restaurant which has been there for years n years

There's a new place on 3rd road near Cherry's. I haven't tried it yet--think it might be all you can eat, but you order what you want and they make it fresh.

Edit: found it on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/tsunamisushibuffet/

I've driven past this place several times at what should be peak dinner time, and never seen a single customer in there. I dont know why as it looks attractive enough.

RE: 3rd rd sushi place

I walk by often and place is usually empty. The high price (and assuming high quality) is not a good fit for that area. If this was on 2nd road or even Bukhaow  it may have a chance to succeed. I personally would never eat in a sushi restaurant that wasn't consistently busy...especially a buffet! Must be discarding a lot of expensive product. Unfortunate as it appears they put a lot of effort into making the place nice.

Went to Osaka the other night and enjoyed the place. They were out of tuna but the salmon sashimi and sushi rolls were delicious. Price was reasonable too...

Edit: found it on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/tsunamisushibuffet/

He it's a great place to eat sushi/Japanese food. Getting full in the nights and the buffet price is totally worth it!

He it's a great place to eat sushi/Japanese food. Getting full in the nights and the buffet price is totally worth it!

Try the Bite Me Bistro--it's very close and really good.

Have eaten in Japanese restaurant in Central can't remember the name but was a little pricey but good quality.

Zen

Can be pricey, but has more variety than the usual cheap tuna at the other places...

What time does it start getting full? I've never seen a single person in there, apart from staff sitting around watching TV, but I never go that way after about 8pm.

How much is the buffet? Is it a real laid-out buffet or an "order what you want" type thing?

Oishi in central pattaya avenue is great, all you can eat sushi, sashimi and other japanese dishes,

abit pricy but really good, i think around 500baht and then you can sit for 1,5h including soft drinks and desert..

• 2 weeks later...

Best by far I have had is Yamato on Soi 13/1. Old school. Not a lot of bells and whistles.  But they have the freshest fish. As the guy said the Mackerel sashimi is divine. As is the Salmon sashimi. Nice sake too 

Yamato is simply on another level. It's so good you come back a couple hours later and the day after. I spent approximately 800-1000 baht per sitting for 20 pieces or so (I don't stop until I have maxed out, can't miss out on tasties like them). Thick slices of fish. Sorry for not having pics, will get some in april.

"Japanese Restaurant" next to football stadium on Pattaya Klang between Soi Buakow and 3rd Road.  Not a buffet.  Have both western and 'traditional' seating.  Good quality.  Same ownership (Thai lady who has spent some time in Japan) to karaoke bar directly across Klang.

Oishi Buffet on the 2nd floor of The Avenue Mall on 2nd Road is 540 baht, but all you can eat with salmon and tuna sashimi, selection of sushi, miso soup, pot stickers, etc.. and some foods cook to order.  This buffet also includes some Chinese dim sum and Korean bbq foods.  Drinks include soft drinks, hot tea and coffee.  Many different western desserts from ice cream, cakes, jello, etc... Some discounts for repeat visits.  Same corporate ownership as Shabushi, but a bit higher quality.  Never completely FULL even on holidays, but busy enough especially for the sashimi.

Shabushi buffet is mid-300's baht (prices keep going up and depends if you have their discount card) with a shabu shabu hot pot - spicy or regular - conveyer belt with meats, seafoods, veggies, mushrooms, etc... Self-service trays of foods around perimeter with sushi, tempura (very popular), pot stickers, fried rice, fruits, ice cream and drinks.  Two locations in Pattaya - Central Festival and Big C North.  Yeah, I think also in the Tesco Mall in South Pattaya.  At Central Festival Mall, unless you arrive early, you'll take a queue number and wait awhile as this place is very popular among both Thais and tourists.  At Big C North, it's a smaller place, but seating was always available, but now sometimes you have to wait just a little.  The one in the Bangkok Mall (next to Siam Paragon....drew a blank on the name of that smaller mall) is even smaller than the Pattaya Big C North location, but not busy.

I agree with other posters about Yamato as it's more authentic.  I've heard good reports about Chamaki on Soi 3, but haven't tried it yet....but have tried most of the massage shops on that soi :).

Otherwise, for 'great' sushi, Bangkok probably has many more options, but for the price Pattaya is pretty good.

P.S. Awhile ago, I tried that buffet just north of Soi 6 on 2nd Road but for me it didn't have value compared to the places above and I think I got sick from eating something there....Living in Pattaya the last 5-6 years, I've gotten sick 3-4 times from some very popular restaurants (Shenanigans's salad bar), so sometimes it may just be I ordered or ate the wrong thing for that day (most recently the fried zucchini at Carl's Jr which they no longer offer on the menu). 

Yamoto hands down. Tried 4 places in Patts and this is my favourite. Also the only one with a Japanese chef

Countdown Clocks

name the pattaya sushi... and the sashimi was as good as it looks... aloy mak! ;)

although next time I will request no sesame seeds on the fish...

why are my pics always published sideways? its frustrating... forum bug, user error, or dumb user???

image.jpeg

Archived