Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Darkside Retirement

osofedup

I have been living with my partner in the Darkside for around 3 years now, working month on month off. Early next year I will retire and stay full time. Having a rotational job has meant that I kinda still have a "holiday head" on when I am here.

My question is primarily aimed at long timers and I would like to know how you fill your days ( apart from going to bars) I play golf once a week but that's about it so I would appreciate any ideas.

Walk and Gym every morning. My hobby is 9 ball, so practise every second day. Way to hot for a walk after a golf ball. Try a new restaurant every few days. Download movies to watch at night. Still do the gentleman's clubs, bars and gogo's but as you live here it soon becomes more of the same! Just don't get into a routine and try to keep active outside the bar scene and don't drink every day as its not good for your long term health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryle

- jogging at Maprachan lake

- Fishing at Maprachan lake

- drink coffee in one of the nice coffee bars at maprachan lake

- with the morning ferry (not many people) to koh larn and walk to the 2 hidden beach near samae beach and then to nual beach

- a one day trip to khao kitchakut mountain

I ride a motorcycle all over Thailand. Short scooter trips. Bus to Hua Hin is 800 round trip. Ride the train all over Thailand. Photography. Computers. Hiking in National Parks. Waterfalls. Elephants. Bike Week in Pkuket and Pattaya. Buy a drone and go pro camera. Wind surfing. Bicycle. Gym. Blog. Volunteer for some good cause. Follow Thai women around the mall. :)

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

I got a dog who keeps me busy. Visit coffee shops. Get a garden. I walk just about every where

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Play golf all over Thailand..Phuket has awesome courses so does Hua Hin..Go to Markets--Nice one is Aron Pratet near Cambodia and stay in the Border hotel..Fishing especially the Mae Kong River in Issan..Have a small Bungalow in the Mountains of Doi Suptep in Chiang Mai...14 Golf courses in this area.....Pie--Mae Hong Song all very Nice places to visit and learn there Different Cultures with the Long Necks that reside there...Never bored in LOS...You can always learned to Sail or Scuba dive....Enjoy your retirement, I certainly do...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

good friends to have a chat , go see a movie

it takes time to get used to not working, but then you are never in a rush

if you have the money travel

- with the morning ferry (not many people) to koh larn and walk to the 2 hidden beach near samae beach and then to nual beach

- a one day trip to khao kitchakut mountain

where are these 2 hidden beaches..... near Samae Beach? Please tell.....

and where is that Mountain?

BBQs, computers, gardening, exercise, bars, movies, shopping,  pick up a hobby (mine is cooking, since living here my cooking skills have increased tremendously). 

where are these 2 hidden beaches..... near Samae Beach? Please tell.....

and where is that Mountain?

From Samae you can walk to Haad Tham, easy.

From Haad Tham to Haad Kruat only when low tide in march because you must climb a little bite

dimag - Thank you for the information.

I guess, Tham Beach would be at the end of the wooden walkway, that leads away from Samae Beach? I did walk along that walkway a few years ago, but encountered a few "Snakes"...... and being shit-scared of snakes, I turned around quick-smart.

yes,about 30m after the walkway (behind the small mountain).

I been many times there but i never saw snakes :-( only lizards. Sometimes i walk 3hr on the island but never saw a snake, you had big lucky ;-)

koh-larn-quiet-beach.jpg

Thank's for the photo - I know now where it is.

Saw snakes twice there - once, the snake was just lying on the walk-way, and it slithered away as I approached - but just seeing the snake was enough for me to quickly turn back.

Another time, I saw one.... near the end of the walkway, as you have to follow the path up & around a rocky outcrop..... and again, I quickly retreated.

I guess, I am just a coward - as far as snakes are concerned....haha

When it is high tide you must swim a little bite, now in the picture low tide. Now low tide, only climb over the rock and walk through the water

koh-larn-haad-kruat-climb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived