IGNORED

B2 (tourist visa) before fiancee visa usa

foxracing

This is for a Cambodian national but still almost the same as a Thai.

I'm planning on bringing my Khmer gf to USA on a fiancee visa. But first I would like to try for a tourist visa (b2).

She has a good amount of cash in a bank account for over a year, and a motorbike in her name but no house.

If I try for a tourist visa without disclosing im her bf will that hurt the fiancee visa down the road. I don't care if the tourist visa fails, but am very invested in the fiance visa.

So in short is there any drawback for trying for the tourist visa first (besides the cash).

Thanks

Www.learnkhmernow.com

• 2 months later...

If she is turned down, it's noted when it comes time for you to try and file a K-1 Visa. A big flag is that she does not have a domicile to return to. That's a major sticking point to issue a B-2, many consular officers would take issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By good amount of cash, do you mean the equivalent of $10,000 USD?

She needs to be able to come to the US based on her own merits. Having a steady job is useful. Do not even mention boyfriend.

Archived