IGNORED

Australian tourist visa for bar/gogo girl.

ajsdlkn

Does anyone have experience obtaining an Australian tourist visa for a current gogo or bar girl? 

Where there any issues listing her actual occupation?  

I am considering bringing a friend (agency/coyote girl) over for a holiday & I believe we meet all the criteria except the one I'm worried about is she wont have enough evidence of ties to Thailand to make sure she returns. 

She has no kids or family to support, no assets and no "normal" job which I guess makes her high risk.  

How in-depth are they questioning the girls work history?

Does anyone have experience obtaining an Australian tourist visa for a current gogo or bar girl? 

Where there any issues listing her actual occupation?  

I am considering bringing a friend (agency/coyote girl) over for a holiday & I believe we meet all the criteria except the one I'm worried about is she wont have enough evidence of ties to Thailand to make sure she returns. 

She has no kids or family to support, no assets and no "normal" job which I guess makes her high risk.  

How in-depth are they questioning the girls work history?

You say "We" meet all the criteria, are you her sponsor/boyfriend? If so you need to show a history of bank records and prove you are in a relationship, photos, trips together etc etc. If you are only a "friend" you will still need to prove you are providing her with a place to stay, she needs a history of savings, plenty of money of her own in the bank if you are not her sponsor.

I don't think they will discriminate because she is a "dancer" but they certainly need to see reason for her to return to Thailand, letter from employer stating she is taking leave for certain dates etc. A history of leaving Thailand and returning in her passport is good proof.

As deevee8 said seek advice from a decent agent which Visa Express are.

she needs a history of savings, plenty of money of her own in the bank if you are not her sponsor.

This is not the case.  I got my girlfriend over and she had bugger all in the bank.  I had not been sending her money. Still had to prove she had a bank account.  I also provided statements for my bank account showing my last three months earnings.

The main thing is you have to provide that you can support them while they visit.

You say "We" meet all the criteria, are you her sponsor/boyfriend? If so you need to show a history of bank records and prove you are in a relationship, photos, trips together etc etc. If you are only a "friend" you will still need to prove you are providing her with a place to stay, she needs a history of savings, plenty of money of her own in the bank if you are not her sponsor.

I don't think they will discriminate because she is a "dancer" but they certainly need to see reason for her to return to Thailand, letter from employer stating she is taking leave for certain dates etc. A history of leaving Thailand and returning in her passport is good proof.

As deevee8 said seek advice from a decent agent which Visa Express are.

Yes I say we as I will sponsor her visa application & cover all her costs for the trip, but I do not sponsor her financially in Thailand.  

I have plenty of proof of a relationship, I guess I can call her a girlfriend. I can prove I have a good job, house, plenty of cash.  

I will check in with an agent when back in LOS for some advice.  However I want to try applying myself first as 30'000 baht for a tourist visa by the agents is daylight robbery.  

Check out this link.  I did everything expect that parts that only the girlfriend could do.  A bit of paper work but not that hard.

Don't pay somebody to do it for you.

I think BM Scumbag is responsible for the site.

http://www.ozvisathai.com/

Spells it all out for you, except it was written before you could apply via the internet.  On the government application site there will be a link for applying online.

There is no sponsorship scheme under tourist visas for non-family members so you do there is no legal requirement to prove anything in this respect to any relationship. As you say you need to be able to show that you are capable to provide accommodation and funds if you are undertaking to fund her trip.

In answer to the OP I don't believe that Australian immigration discriminate based on employment. They don't ask any questions. However, I would still avoid stating that she works in a bar just in case the person processing the application has personal opinions on the matter.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes I say we as I will sponsor her visa application & cover all her costs for the trip, but I do not sponsor her financially in Thailand.  

I have plenty of proof of a relationship, I guess I can call her a girlfriend. I can prove I have a good job, house, plenty of cash.  

I will check in with an agent when back in LOS for some advice.  However I want to try applying myself first as 30'000 baht for a tourist visa by the agents is daylight robbery.  

Good luck, show as much documentation as possible, skype or phone records, stamps in your passport in and out of Thailand, photos etc etc.

Check out this link.  I did everything expect that parts that only the girlfriend could do.  A bit of paper work but not that hard.

Spells it all out for you, except it was written before you could apply via the internet.  On the government application site there will be a link for applying online.

There is a link on the site. I am waiting to hear from someone who has gone through the process before doing an overhaul of the website. I believe using the online application system is the way to submit an application as it will be much easier than the traditional method. If anyone has gone through the process please get in contact with me. Mostly I need to know what happens after all the details are entered. I could only go so far with a dummy application.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

There is a link on the site. I am waiting to here from someone who has gone through the process before doing an overfall of the website. I believe using the online application system is the way to submit an application as it will be much easier than the traditional method. If anyone has gone through the process please get in contact with me. Mostly I need to know what happens after all the details are entered. I could only go so far with a dummy application.

BTW the attached zip file contains screen captures of the questions asked in the online application. If you answer some questions differently more questions may be asked.

application.zip

Brilliant information guys looks pretty straight forward.  I believe she is actually employed by a "modeling agency" so an employment letter and holiday leave should look ok compared to a letter from a manager of an actual agogo.  

She would go and get a Tesco job or similar for a few months if I told her to, but that might look worse on the application both as only being a short term of employment and they wont be as flexible as the agency is for her to disappear for months at a time.  

This is not the case.  I got my girlfriend over and she had bugger all in the bank.  I had not been sending her money. Still had to prove she had a bank account.  I also provided statements for my bank account showing my last three months earnings.

The main thing is you have to provide that you can support them while they visit.

Yes of course you're right Mognam, I was referring to a scenario if the op wasn't financially going to support her trip, maybe I didn't explain that to well, cheers.

I used a letter from a gogo bar in walking st, never had a problem. Don't forget they can ring employers. Get caught out lying and she's done for.

ummm

I used a letter from a gogo bar in walking st, never had a problem. Don't forget they can ring employers. Get caught out lying and she's done for.

That's very good news!  

Definitely wont be lying on the application, would rather have to apply a few times to get in than risk being blacklisted.   

30'000 baht for a tourist visa by the agents is daylight robbery.  

It is 

ummm

• 2 months later...

Just working on the visa app process now. Is the letter from the employer to be in english or thai? or both?  I believe the only issue they might have in granting visa is providing enough proof she will return to Thailand once the Aus holiday is complete.  

Just working on the visa app process now. Is the letter from the employer to be in english or thai? or both?  I believe the only issue they might have in granting visa is providing enough proof she will return to Thailand once the Aus holiday is complete.  

I know when I submitted the first application I had a very cheap transliteration done on the employer letter. However my experience since shows that Thais process the applications submitted in Thailand (and I am not talking about the VFS people) so I think a letter in Thai should do the trick.

• 2 months later...

Check out this link. I did everything expect that parts that only the girlfriend could do. A bit of paper work but not that hard.

Spells it all out for you, except it was written before you could apply via the internet. On the government application site there will be a link for applying online.

That link doesn't appear to be working any more.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm after an example invitation letter if anyone can help me out I'd be much appreciative

Cheers

Clarky

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm after an example invitation letter if anyone can help me out I'd be much appreciative

Cheers

Clarky

The site should be back up in the next few days. I am moving it to a new home and it isn't going as smoothly as it should do. The address will be the same.

The site should be back up in the next few days. I am moving it to a new home and it isn't going as smoothly as it should do. The address will be the same.

Thanks for the reply mate

The funny thing about first impressions is you don't get a second chance at them!

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Clarky

The site is now back online. There is a link to an example invitation letter on this page.

The site is now back online. There is a link to an example invitation letter on this page.

Thanks very much

Thank you for maintaining the site, my letter and app was based of this.  Plenty of genuine reasons to deny her but she got approved  :GoldenSmile1:

Archived