Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Qatar Airways to add fourth UK route

Dubnologist

Qatar Airways has announced that it will operate a new service between Doha and Birmingham, from March 30 2016, adding to its existing UK services to London Heathrow, Manchester and Edinburgh.

The carrier said in a statement that it will operate eight flights a week, including two flights on Saturdays.

Birmingham is the largest and most populous city outside of London and is situated in the West Midlands. The economy is largely dominated by the service sector and the city is an important transport, retail, events and conference hub.

The announcement of this new route further strengthens Qatar Airways’ commitment to the UK regions, with Birmingham being the centre for the largest concentration of businesses outside of London, boasting 34,285 companies including over 700 international firms.

The city attracts nearly 34 million people a year for both business and pleasure and is ideally situated at the centre of the UK’s rail and motorway network.

Qatar Airways Group chief executive Akbar Al Baker said: “This additional route strengthens Qatar Airways’ commitment to the regions across the UK and will create new commercial and leisure links between the city of Birmingham and the 152 destinations served by the airline.”

Birmingham Airport CEO Paul Kehoe added: “This is fantastic news for both Birmingham Airport and the region, and is our tenth new airline to announce or launch this year.”

The route will be operated by a Boeing 787 Dreamliner which has a two-cabin configuration, comprising of 22 seats in Business Class and 232 Economy Class seats.

post-145796-0-27885200-1448919282_thumb.jpg

live the life you love, love the life you live  

I wish one of the ME airlines would start to fly from Cardiff!

Only real option now is KLM which is very limiting.

I believe the Welsh Govt has been trying to lure Emirates with no success.

It would be nice not to have to drive to Heathrow.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I wish one of the ME airlines would start to fly from Cardiff!

Only real option now is KLM which is very limiting.

I believe the Welsh Govt has been trying to lure Emirates with no success.

It would be nice not to have to drive to Heathrow.

Yes, also from Bristol Airport would really suit me having to not travel to Heathrow.

Archived