IGNORED

Having trouble scheduling a bus from Chiang Mai to Pattaya

emacint

I'm trying to arrange a bussing at the end of month for myself from Chiang Mai to Pattaya but am having a little trouble. The english sites I've found seem to only offer CM to BKK, I thought that would have been alright if I could just schedule that plus BKK to Pattaya but unfortunately the site I was on didn't tell me when the first bus arrived so I couldn't properly coordinate them.

I believe I also saw on another site that a bus ticket could be booked and then paid at a number of locations, one of note being the post office here, would I be able to walk in there and try to book my route with someone who hopefully speaks english, is that a thing the post offices offer here?

Any advice on this would be appreciated, thanks!

Some quick googling says to get the train to BKK -> get off at Bang Sue and take a taxi to mo chit -> get a bus there. That sound about right?

Are there arrival times accurate though? If I have an arrival time of 06:50 can I book a bus for ~07:30?

Oh and do you have a similar site for booking a bus? That train site is great it seems.

Edit: Oops, nevermind! Chiang Mai to Pattaya on that site only offers train + 2200 baht taxi, but if you switch it to  Morchit to Pattaya Bus Station you get the bus results you expect. Still wondering about accurate times though.

You don't need to book the bus from Bangkok to pattaya

You can use Air Asia and fly to U-Tapao with transfer to Central Festival for 1100 baht all in.

Will you have much luggage?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I'd have a large suitcase, backpack and laptop bag. I can't find U-Tapao as a destination on the air asia site, but that sounds like a good cheap alternative to a long ride. How can I get that booked with the transfer?

Edit: OK found out the airport code was utp which let me find a 900 baht flight, from what I'm reading though the transfer to pattaya is an 800 baht taxi.

Further edit: Looks like once you land in the airport there is a shuttle service from "The Crane Company" that will make the trip to pattaya for 250 baht. Or maybe it's through bangkok airways?

Nakonchai air if you're going to VIP the trip. (coach company)  Pay for tickets in 7/11's albeit not personally done it

Long trip though. Certainly whilst more expensive fly to Bangkok and switch to Morchit for the frequent bus transfers to Pattaya

NCA (NakhonChaiAir) has several late-afternoon/early-evening departures, Silver or Gold Class, from their terminal at the back of the old-building at Arcade Bus Station in Chiang Mai, but they all involve an overnight-trip (11-15 hours) with an early-morning arrival to their terminal on the Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya.

I used to use them, but now prefer a flight to DMK on a low-cost-carrier, or a more-expensive-flight to Swampy on Bangkok Airways or Thai Smile, for an easier/faster daytime-trip.

Air Asia are also about to commence direct-flights between Chiang Mai and Utapao, should be some attractive launch-fares.

Up To you but bus will be long ride,i have done chiang mai a couple of times and have on both occasions got a flight,once with airasia and once with Bangkok air,a lot easier and quicker.

I'd have a large suitcase, backpack and laptop bag. I can't find U-Tapao as a destination on the air asia site, but that sounds like a good cheap alternative to a long ride. How can I get that booked with the transfer?

Edit: OK found out the airport code was utp which let me find a 900 baht flight, from what I'm reading though the transfer to pattaya is an 800 baht taxi.

Further edit: Looks like once you land in the airport there is a shuttle service from "The Crane Company" that will make the trip to pattaya for 250 baht. Or maybe it's through bangkok airways?

Hi.

I knew Air Asia had just started new routes out of U-Tapao so had a look at their website.

When I put Chiang Mai as the origin it showed a list of destinations which included Central Festival as a 'City transfer' destination. I assume this means they'll bus you from the airport to there in the price of the ticket (as Koh Samui). I stand to be corrected if wrong!

image.jpeg

The fare shows as 1100 baht single with no check-in luggage:

image.jpeg

It's 330 baht for 20kg or you can buy more:

image.jpeg

nakonchai air  first class....12 hours..take 2 sleepers...its a nice relaxed journey...

No problem.

Hope it works out.

:-)

Bangkok Airways is cheap from CM to BKK. BELL Bus to Pattaya.

Booked flight from BKK to CM roundtrip... $149.00

For 2 people

Flying is a no brainer.  CNX to UTP and then the bus to Pattaya. Even it might be couple of hundred bht more expensive, it's lot faster. No need to sit 12hrs in the bus.

I agree on the flying bit, but if you want to bus anyway; I always use Sri Mongkol busing company whenever I need to cover bigger distances and no other options available. Based in Korat I thought but they do all major cities in Thailand and have a busstop and small office in Pattaya on 3rd road right after Pattaya Klang. Pretty comfortable buses as far as buses are concerned.

edit: just see now you booked already, great choice on flying

Archived