Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where Should I Stay In Samui In November 2008?

dom666

Hi can anyone help me im coming to Samui mid November. I am looking for a hotel at a good beach possibly chaweng or lamai beach. I am looking for a secure place with a good pool. I am looking for somewhere where u can swim in the sea in November season and is not too rocky and has good sand. I am also looking for a place where it is not hard to get to the full moon party at Koh Phagnan in terms of speedboats and other transfers. My budget is about 1500 to 2500 bahts max. Can anyone recomend me something good with the price and features listed above?

Many Thanks

Dom

Edited by dom666

why the hell are you going to samui in november , the weather doesnt start to get better until january , flooding gets so bad that they sometimes have to close the airport .

samui floods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rOKghuEt8

samui nov

samui nov

look for videos in youtube samui nov .if your going there because of the proximity to the full moon party then your better off staying directly on phangnan .

Edited by gareth

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

why the hell are you going to samui in november , the weather doesnt start to get better until january , flooding gets so bad that they sometimes have to close the airport .

Can't confirm that. Have been there last year and I'm on daily contact with locals in Lamai. Seems like the weather has changed in the last five years...

BTW: The airport has been rebuild to prevent that kind of closing.

If you like it crowded and really noisy Chaweng is your choice. If you like it a bit less crowded and not so noisy like in Chaweng, Lamai is just fine. Can't really recommend any hotels in Chaweng, but as for Lamai I'd say

* Laguna resort - Kind of a family hotel. The rooms in the hotel are very basic, but the bungalows are fine. They have an average size pool, nice breakfast and are directly located on the beach. JOINER FEE!

* Pavillon resort - Like Laguna but a bit more classy and expensive. Also: JOINER FEE!

* Sport Pub / The Verandah - Owned by a german expat. Very nice, clean and inexpensive bungalows, but the pool is very small. I'd say thats a larger jacuzzi, because you can't swim there.

* Bonny hotel - Directly in the heart of Lamai. Very clean rooms, very inexpensive, but no breakfast and no pool. I stayed there last time and I was fully satisfied. If you're going to hook up freelancers from one of the big disco, then this is your place, as there is no joiner fee and it is very nearby to the two big discos. :Mom1:

all flights from samui airport were suspended from 6pm on november the 7th until the morning of the 8th 2007 leaving over 320 people stranded on samui , i dont know when you were there mr unix but the flooding in november is a fact and im just trying to warn dom666 that november is not a good time to visit samui ,

simply go to google and enter samui flooding flood and look for yourself

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

DO NOT stay in Samui if your plan is to party on Koh Phangan... stay on Koh Phangan instead..... you'll be better off

If you MUST stay in Koh Samui, I like the Ark Bar......looked great to me!

Edited by SoCo MoFo

Eat. Down. South.

Have alook at the Fairhouse Resort..stayed there in Jan, awesome place but £££

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's a vote for Lamai Inn 99. It's right on a great beach. A 1/4 mile to downtown and the beer bars. Next door to a cool outdoor beach bar- Chillin. Pool rooms are better but not on the sand. wj

DO NOT stay in Samui if your plan is to party on Koh Phangan... stay on Koh Phangan instead..... you'll be better off

What would you recommendations for safe places to stay on Koh Pha-ngan?

• 1 month later...

Samui was fine this November no rain no floods had a great time :BeerFunnel1: . I stayed Chaweng Garden Resort which I would recomend if staying in Chaweng in Samui.

Dom

Samui was fine this November no rain no floods had a great time :Bravo1: . I stayed Chaweng Garden Resort which I would recomend if staying in Chaweng in Samui.

Dom

im glad you got lucky , but a very hit and miss time to go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbF4--5t8SI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSvYxwXouaI

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

• 2 months later...

In Lamai I love Sea Breeze (Prizes from budget to mid range)

Superb location ````````````````````````

Samui was fine this November no rain no floods had a great time :Grin3: . I stayed Chaweng Garden Resort which I would recomend if staying in Chaweng in Samui.

Dom

Nice, I have stayed there before but ended up moving to the Samui Mermaid on Big budda beach and renting a motorbike instead, much more private and inexpensive.