Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

EVA AIRLINES

luv.you.long.time

Hi guys,

Im flying with Eva for the first time next year. From what Im reading here and the pricing they seem to consistently have, I may choose to use them frequently.

My question is, does anyone have a frequent flyer membership with them ? Is it worthwhile and what benefits do you get ?

I tried to look at their membership online, but found it quite complicated.

Can you tell me if its free ? That wasnt something that was very easy to work out !

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers

Yes, it is free. Sign up and start collecting.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

I have an EVA frequent flyer membership (it is free), ok but not a great deal. If you use discounted tickets the miles awarded aren't very high. I've used the miles for a couple of upgrades, never quite got enough for a free flight. Worth doing if you're going to use them a lot though (if you have a lot of flights in one year you get onto higher membership tiers which are good for lounge access etc. As it's free I'd say it's worth doing.

Thanks for that.

Ive just applied on-line. Ive looked around to get an idea of what mileage credits I'll get for LHR - BKK return flights, but more importantly, how many miles does it cost to upgrade for one of these sections of a flight.

Sorry to be a pest, but seeing as you have already upgraded, can you tell me my query above.

Thanks again

Edited by luvyoulongtime

I have Eva gold an along with all their other tiers you don't get much benefits, the best you get in the extra bag allowance and lounge access both in London and BKK.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Thanks for that.

Ive just applied on-line. Ive looked around to get an idea of what mileage credits I'll get for LHR - BKK return flights, but more importantly, how many miles does it cost to upgrade for one of these sections of a flight.

Sorry to be a pest, but seeing as you have already upgraded, can you tell me my query above.

Thanks again

can't tell you off the top of my head, they have the tables on their web site, but do bear in mind that when going from the UK upgrading from economy will incur an extra tax charge on top of the miles

My friends swear by it. One of them has a higher level..not sure the name, but he has priority ticketing - I guess they bump someone if they have to to make sure he gets his confirmed seat??? and always has the upgrade to the plus for more legroom.

Eva it is part of the One World Alliance which includes American Airlines in the States; I'm using my miles for my next trip: US-Tokio on American and the second part of the fly is Tokyo Bangkok with Eva

Eva it is part of the One World Alliance which includes American Airlines in the States; I'm using my miles for my next trip: US-Tokio on American and the second part of the fly is Tokyo Bangkok with Eva

EVA is neither a partner airline of American Airlines, nor part of the OneWorld alliance. :)

Picture_1.png

Picture_2.png

Edited by filibuster

Unless you're completely hooked on EVA, the Thai Airways frequent flyer is probably one of the best in the world if you're coming to Thailand and make a few trips each year. Clock up 50,000 miles in about a year and get a Gold card, gives you the lounges at all airports, special check-in counter, extra baggage allowance, all these even if flying economy. You get a free round-trip upgrade to Business class in first year and again in second year, if you clock up another 50,000 in next year (don't think it continues after that). The awards for upgrades and flights are good, especially if you travel in any of the three months around your birth date, when they are at half usual points. I've taken a couple of free 1st Class UK/BKK returns on mileage, you still have to pay the airport taxes, which are ridiculous for UK in Business/1st, but still better than buying an economy ticket.

Unless you're completely hooked on EVA, the Thai Airways frequent flyer is probably one of the best in the world if you're coming to Thailand and make a few trips each year. Clock up 50,000 miles in about a year and get a Gold card, gives you the lounges at all airports, special check-in counter, extra baggage allowance, all these even if flying economy. You get a free round-trip upgrade to Business class in first year and again in second year, if you clock up another 50,000 in next year (don't think it continues after that). The awards for upgrades and flights are good, especially if you travel in any of the three months around your birth date, when they are at half usual points. I've taken a couple of free 1st Class UK/BKK returns on mileage, you still have to pay the airport taxes, which are ridiculous for UK in Business/1st, but still better than buying an economy ticket.

I agree the Star Alliance program is one of the best out there.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

At almost 310 quid to be paid in taxes and reduced mileage accrual on the most popular discounted booking classes I think Thai's ROP is one of the worst programmes around. The only real benefit I can see in the Thai programme is if you don't have enough miles for an upgrade or free flight (or if there are none available) you can redeem the miles for hotel stays at some of the best hotels in LOS. For a return economy between BKK and London it sets you back 70k miles plus 310 quid in tax whereas you can get 6 nights in the somewhere like the Sheraton Pattaya for 64k miles (plus tax and service charge).