IGNORED

A Forum Tip - Help Moderators

LaaMok

Keeping things simple.

I will give a fictional example.

When someone attacks another forum member, often it gets messy. They usually fight back also breaching forum rules and expects moderators to apply punishments or restrictions. It often ends up that both members need to be dealt with (according to forum rules) and no one wins. This has happened many times in the last few months. And I am not blaming anyone as its human nature to respond in this manner.

Usually a moderator or myself ends up being seen as the cunt to both parties concerned. Everyone loses and no one is happy.

What should happen, is when someone breaches a rule, such as racist comments, the report button below their post should be pressed and if the problem is not obvious a clear note should be added into the report box. Don't be shy about using the report button, its a confidential service and we don't charge. For anyone that doesnt know, the report button, sends a PM to all moderators, and if needed, we start a thread in the mod area to discuss what we are doing, sometimes we are getting slammed by members for not reacting to a dispute, when we are actually discussing it. Sometimes we are waiting for a few more mods to add input for a general consensus to make sure things are as fair as possible.

Quite often racist comments invoke angry comments that actually also break the forum rules, therefore it better to sometimes say nothing and just report a post or a member, the member/post can be dealt with quietly, but quite often the "victim" or the person offended is actually lining themselves up for a banning/suspension and its avoidable by not getting into shit fights. i.e don't respond to there post if it is going to be abusive back.

All that I am trying to say, if someone was to attack you on the forum, you will always come on top by, either using humour, staying calm, and/or adding a non flaming post back, you can actually make people look silly without the need to use swear words/ abuse.

Moderating is all about trying to act as fairly as possible and not to be bias. Its made way more difficult when people start joining in and/or responding back in a way that also breaks forum rules.

We did have a case where a racist comment was made and several members broke the forum rules, (by being abusive back, ok it may have been warranted but it doesn't serve a purpose) we cannot punish several members for this as its unrealistic. If the post had been reported, it would have been dealt with and forgotten.

While I am here, I would also like to mention to the people that mention forum rules should be applied to all people in all cases, this is unrealistic, we would end up with a lot of annoyed people, sometimes a bit of leeway has to be tolerated to get things back on track.

Sometimes these arguments are in real time, and the argument is continuing while its being decided what to do, this makes it even more messy as things are already so hard to keep track off.

Please don't turn this thread into an argument!!! :o

Fair dooz. But mabe the mods that are about should say in clear bold writting that they are looking at it.

Bryan said Sometimes we are waiting for a few more mods to add input for a general consensus to make sure things are as fair as possible.

I still think you have far too many MODs anyway and it only holds you back as you have hihlighted.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

Fair dooz. But mabe the mods that are about should say in clear bold writting that they are looking at it.

Bryan said Sometimes we are waiting for a few more mods to add input for a general consensus to make sure things are as fair as possible.

I still think you have far too many MODs anyway and it only holds you back as you have hihlighted.

We don't have to wait for other mods to turn up, we just like to, as sometimes we/I are unsure on the next move, it actually has a lot of advantages in terms of trying to keep things fair. By getting many view points.

We don't have to wait for other mods to turn up, we just like to, as sometimes we/I are unsure on the next move, it actually has a lot of advantages in terms of trying to keep things fair. By getting many view points.

The flip side to that is "having too many indians and not enough Cheiffs"

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

bryan iv,e been reading the thread today when menbers on both sides of the aurgument were to say the lest getting a bit hot under the collar,and imho i thought you handly it top class,i don,t envy you your job,well done sir.

bryan iv,e been reading the thread today when menbers on both sides of the aurgument were to say the lest getting a bit hot under the collar,and imho i thought you handly it top class,i don,t envy you your job,well done sir.

I have been doing this for 2 years, I am glad someone agrees with me. Quite often I am being told by a member how to do it. :Disease1:

Yes, put a note IN the offensive post. Prevents maybe another one hundred members reporting the same post :) . Plus, everyone can see that it's being worked on.

Great post Laamok, hope it'll work out.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Not a fun job mate and i don't envy you as some of the threads lately have been just slagging matches!!!!

Appreciate what you guys do as this board is my lifeline to sanity.....................seriously!!!

I have never understood why mods say it's a tough job. I never felt any stress doing it.

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

I have never understood why mods say it's a tough job. I never felt any stress doing it.

Fuck it!! exposed.....for the sympathy whores we really are.. :Bravo1: ...OK..I'll give it to you lot straight...You fucking well better love me for all I've done for this forum, or I am gonna glass the fucking lot of ya

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Fuck it!! exposed.....for the sympathy whores we really are.. :Bravo1: ...OK..I'll give it to you lot straight...You fucking well better love me for all I've done for this forum, or I am gonna glass the fucking lot of ya

That's the spirt :LMAO1:

(when you back in pattaya? I get there next tues for 5 weeks)

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

That's the spirt :Bravo1:

(when you back in pattaya? I get there next tues for 5 weeks)

Be in LOS from the 13th November mate...Hope I can catch you before you leave fella. be good to have a few with you :LMAO1:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?

ALLEY

Be in LOS from the 13th November mate...Hope I can catch you before you leave fella. be good to have a few with you :D

I fly back on the 11th :GiveBeer1:

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

I fly back on the 11th :GiveBeer1:

I'll be back 28th/29th January mate until the 15th February..Hopefully then bud

ALLEY

I'll be back 28th/29th January mate until the 15th February..Hopefully then bud

Miss you then too :GiveBeer1:

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

Be in LOS from the 13th November mate...Hope I can catch you before you leave fella. be good to have a few with you :rolleyes:

Thats when I arrive back, are we on the same flight? lol

The flip side to that is "having too many indians and not enough Cheiffs"

Maybe we should ask Big Chief back and make him head mod. Im sure he'd love to :rolleyes:

I try to stick to the topic and not give a personal assesment of the poster no matter what I think of them. Its not always easy but to me its plain dumb ranting and raving Fing and blinding, whats the point?

Miss you then too :Chokdee3:

LOL...We will get to meet up again...I am gonna make a point of it mate.. :AngryWink: ...First beer on me

Thats when I arrive back, are we on the same flight? lol

Damn it no...But we can meet up in Bangkok...We will sort out the details when I see you in October Bro'...Actually can't wait to see ya :10of10Score:

ALLEY

I have to admit it... I'm something of a rogue mod... when I see racism or any other intolerable posts, such as disrespect for the Thai royal family, I act immediately.

I don't wait for a concensus to form... people who post racist comments will find themselves immediately banned by me, as soon as I see the post.

No messing around, no delay.

Murg

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

Good for you captain.....................you have my total approval.

I want to be a fly on the wall in the moderators forum please!

Eat. Down. South.

Can somebody please increase my image allowence? I want to post more pictures but have exceeded my allowence.

Can somebody please increase my image allowence? I want to post more pictures but have exceeded my allowence.

I have made you a trusted member now, try again