IGNORED

Budget(ish) hotel near action - Ramp/elevator lift required!

west3

This isn't my first time to Thailand, but it will be my first to Pattaya. I'm using a wheelchair but I am VERY mobile. I can stand and walk short distances and even lift my chair up a few stairs to get into a shop/restaurant if need be.

That being said I do not wish to have to lift my chair up every time I enter my hotel! There are lists out there about guest firendly hotels but most don't have info about whether they have ramps or lifts.

Noise doesn't bother me in fact if possible I want to be close to action if not right in the middle of it. Walking Street, or any other busy party street/area.

Budget is 1300 baht , preferably slightly lower if possible. All I need is a clean bed and a lift to get to my room ;) And guest friendly (without extra fee)

Any ideas?

As you haven't been to Pattaya, I thought I'd better mention that pavements/sidewalks often don't exist and if they do they are often uneven and full of stalls etc. You're likely to need to use the roads which are often narrow and busy.

Don't know if you think you can lift your wheelchair into a baht bus and climb in or not? This will influence the area you want to be in.

From my last trip, I'd say a good area for nightlife is now the Soi LK Metro/Soi Buakhao area. LK Metro would be easy for wheelchair as well.

Sorry, the only hotels I know anything about there will be out of your price range (1700/2200) or guesthouses with too many stairs.

I'm sure other BM's will be able to tell you about other hotels.

Good luck.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

As you haven't been to Pattaya, I thought I'd better mention that pavements/sidewalks often don't exist and if they do they are often uneven and full of stalls etc. You're likely to need to use the roads which are often narrow and busy.

Don't know if you think you can lift your wheelchair into a baht bus and climb in or not? This will influence the area you want to be in.

From my last trip, I'd say a good area for nightlife is now the Soi LK Metro/Soi Buakhao area. LK Metro would be easy for wheelchair as well.

Sorry, the only hotels I know anything about there will be out of your price range (1700/2200) or guesthouses with too many stairs.

I'm sure other BM's will be able to tell you about other hotels.

Good luck.

Thanks. As far as transportation goes, most people or taxi drivers are usually willing to help if needed.

And as for the poor sidewalks I did find that was the case for most places in Thailand, which is mainly the reason I'd like to stay as close to the action as possible. However if not, I can always just take a taxi from my hotel to whichever area I'm headed to.

edit: I've read a few things about the Pattaya Bay Resort being very accessible, as well as possibly the P.72 hotel. Does anyone know if they charge joiner fees?

Another thing to note is that I have noticed that websites such as Agoda will typically only list a hotel as Disabled friendly if they offer amenities such as large entry showers,etc. That isn't required for myself.

Mate as Davidge says, around LK/soiBuhakow are good areas. In terms of hotels which fit your criteria, try 24 7 or Centra Avenue, 

Depending on what action you like. Flipper House is about that in low season (soi 7) Eastiny seven at a push but it's shit. LK Metro is either higher than your budget or guesthouses/no elevators. There is also the Grand hotel on Walking Street which is within your budget

Countdown Clocks

Jasmine hotel on Soi BJ Walking Street has a lift. Also I believe their main floor rooms are set up for persons with mobility restrictions (easy access into shower).

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Pasadena Lodge, in Soi Metro has a lift. Its in the back corner behind I Rovers and Kilkenny.

http://en.directrooms.com/hotels/info/1-1-13-258069/?gclid=CjwKEAiApYGyBRC-g_jIstuduV8SJABCEzhZQly5dBUimRiCA78LH0ZZyC4Q7zEWiXzhRm5H9ZqbzRoCcmLw_wcB

Maybe a bit above your price, but its about the only one with a lift in that area thats NOT a 4 or 5 star hotel .

http://pasadena-lodge.pattayahotelsresorts.net/rooms/?from=2015-11-24&to=2015-11-29&adults=2&children=0

Cheers

A Wombat... Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

Try W14 Hotel. Its in Soi 14 about 50 metres from Walking Street.

I have NOT been there personally but was told it has rooms at ground floor level.

Low budget hotels, close to Walking Street generally do not have elevators as far as i am aware although I note someone says Jasmine does. Its impossible to know where you mean by "close to the action" so I have used Walking Street oin an assumption.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I looked in the W14 rooms as they were finishing it. Quite nice an modern as I recall. Its on Soi 14 easy onto WS. I'm never keen to say that close to the action and its grimy area in the daytime

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a few from this thread on my ilst now. Most of them seem to be in the "Central Pattaya" area on Agoda. Should I use that filter on Agoda and just try to pick from that area? Has anyone stayed at P.72 hotel? The difficult part is knowing whether these hotels charge guest fees or not.

Would it be a bad choice to just book a place for 1-2 days and then extend or find a better place when I'm there? That is how I did my last trip (also during November), day by day. The only diffierence is I didn't go to Pattaya so I'm not sure if hotels will be fully booked or not. I found it quite easy to find places in the other cities even during high season.

Archived