Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Shell scam

hamlek

Wasn't sure in which section to post this so mods pls move it if you feel it should be somewhere else.

Presuming I'm not the only one that the staff at the Shell gas station on Pattaya Tai try to rip off I thought a warning might be in order.

Either they try to get away with not resetting the meter from the previous customer (usually positioning themselves between me and the meter) or they give incorrect change (never gotten to much...).

Everybody can have a bad day but this has been happening regularly during the two years I've been using that station. Doesn't most of the other, non Shell, gas stations have cashiers to try to minimize the risk of this kind of things?

// Johan

Good tip mate.

wouldnt affect me as i dont hire transport I just use the local tuk tuk or baht buses

That's why I have stopped using them. The younger staff, kid with the long hair and the dangling earring seems to be the most obvious about it. But the whole staff is into it including the girls. Like you said they don't reset the meter from the last customer or don't give correct change as most people don't count it in front of them. Unless I'm on the red line I go to the one on the Suk. As I have never gotten ripped off there. And if I am forced to use it I just drop in 50 baht and carry on 1 day and then go to the Suk. one.

There are a lot of us that talk about it and have had problems. Kadafi, and Tomski have also had bad experience's there.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

YES, they are a bunch of twats

the old guys bang at it as well as the young fat kid.

tried to do me for 60 baht the other week. they must know cos we went to fill up and they had a girl with a megaphone telling everyone (albiet in thai) to check the meters and their change.

the same guys are still working there though.

seems they have got a second chance

Yes its a well known scam there, do as I do, dont go there, use the one along 2nd road near Tiffany show, they never tried it with me there although I keep me eye open, its a bit further but its better than using that place.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Scams everywhere. I even got scammed at the hospital when the baby was born, and i was niave to think that would be one place it would'nt happen.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

then why dont you make sure its reset before the hose goes near your tank? Its not rocket science is it?

:Hair_Out1::Whistle::D:D

I think it's a good post. If you live there these little things are helpfull. I don't think i have ever got fuel there but i wont be going there in future.

You drop your gaurd when you are there for a period of time, and the petrol station is somewhere that you just asume everything is ok, i know half the time i drive off without looking at my change.

Edited by .Q.

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

Good point Q ..I was quick to jump at that comment, but sure anything that brings awareness to people is a good thing.

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

These guys have been doing this for years to foreigners and Thais alike.

Bunch of wankers and nobody ever complains.

I thought the first time was just a mistake but then they did it again. When I questioned them, they just ignored me.

I tried to find a manager but nobody was around of course.

Never been back since

They did it to me but I was not paying that much attention so I gave the benefit of doubt.....when I drove off I realised I had HALF what I should have had.

Now I watch them and if they even try to go next to my bike without resetting the meter on the pump, I tell them in Thai I am not stupid. The look on there face is priceless.

These guys have been doing this for years to foreigners and Thais alike.

Bunch of wankers and nobody ever complains.

I thought the first time was just a mistake but then they did it again. When I questioned them, they just ignored me.

I tried to find a manager but nobody was around of course.

Never been back since

It sounds like they all do it and split the money, or give a percentage to management.

Yes its a total rip off joint, happened to me twice. Once about a year ago when i was using a rental bike, once i left the forecourt i thought it was a one of mistake. Then in January i had just purchased a new bike around the corner and had to drop in for some fuel, once again my fuel gauge hardly moved up on 100 baht worth of fuel..i stopped turned the bike off and back on started tapping the fuel gauge thinking there was something wrong with it.

Avoid the place at all costs, now i always drive to the one at the top of Pattaya Tai on Sukenvit Road..never had a problem and ive been using it for the last 9 months, will never go back to that rip off shell joint again...

"Talk to Jesus"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up fellas. There is a similar scam in the UK. Here, the petrol comes to the pumps at a certain price, Then, without asking you, the Governement double that price and take half. :22600584-Th:

Cheers

Wax

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

It sounds like they all do it and split the money, or give a percentage to management.

I have been scammed at that shell gas station before too. When I found myself being ripped off, I went back to complain to that fat kid because he only half filled my tank when I payed for a fill up