IGNORED

Royal Garden Hotel

gordy

Does anyone remember the Royal Garden hotel that was situated on beach rd , where the Marriot now is. There was a donut shop attached to it

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

One of us has a clouded memory, because i remember staying at the Royal Garden hotel when it was just a bunch of 2(?)story buildings set in lush gardens, with a pool on the site somewhere that was used by a diving school for training purposes. This was on the site of the hotel and plaza we see now, and wasnt on the site of any Marriot hotel.

All they did was close and bulldoze what was there, did a BIG hole for the underground carpark, thren build the complex.

Yes i DO remember the donut shop attached to it........Dunkin' Donuts if memory serves me well.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

One of us has a clouded memory, because i remember staying at the Royal Garden Hotel when it was just a bunch of 2(?)story buildings set in lush gardens, with a pool on the site somewhere that was used by a diving school for training purposes. This was on the site of the hotel and plaza we see now, and wasnt on the site of any Marriot hotel.

All they did was close and bulldoze what was there, did a BIG hole for the underground carpark, thren build the complex.

Yes i DO remember the donut shop attached to it........Dunkin' Donuts if memory serves me well.

Hedonist

your right, It was only a 2 storey building in large grounds, and yes Hedonist they did use the pool for diving tuition too. I liked this hotel very much. I became friendly with the husband and wife that did the caberet in the bar (a fillipino couple) . I wonder where they are now ?

In those days Walking St was called 'The Strip', Do you remeber the firing range that was behind the Alcazar ? thats long gone too. Big changes in Pattaya over the years. Great memories.

Royal Garden hotel open on 1969 and in 1991 they made on the garden a small bulding, today the standard rooms of the Marriott, Marriott was formerly Royal Garden hotel until about 2000. My favorite hotel was near ,PK Villa with nice coffe shop, actually a walking street 2, just open last year.

446410-16.jpg

Thanks piero.

I first went to the Royal Garden hotel in 1980 and went back there several times, it was a really good hotel. Changed days now. there was not a lot of hotels in Pattaya then.