IGNORED

Standard Visitor visa - 6 Months

oldtrees

Hey all! Just beginning this process so thought I would keep a thread diary as well as asking questions & hopefully get some feedback from others who've been through this:

1) To kick off, as I understand it the UK Standard Visitor Visa for a Thai national is valid for 6 months regardless of how long she states in the application, is this correct?

2) So what happens if she says in the application it's only a 1 month visit and then stays 6 months, are there pitfalls to this? Would it be better to just state the visit is 6 months?

3) In the Documents you must provide guidance, it says she must provide evidence of how much she earns in a year.  The girl in question lives hand to mouth off her family, she doesn't have a job so I doubt her bank records will be good.  If I'm sponsoring the trip will this matter?

4) How much money will I have to show evidence of to sponsor the trip?

@mods - Can you add UK to the title please, thanks! Can't see a way to edit.

3) In the Documents you must provide guidance, it says she must provide evidence of how much she earns in a year.  The girl in question lives hand to mouth off her family, she doesn't have a job so I doub't her bank records will be good.  If I'm sponsoring the trip will this matter?

Correct.If she doesn`t earn enough your`re the guarantor and also responsible if she break the condition in her visa.

Archived