IGNORED

Phuket - First Timer - Seeking FL's & Discos Nearby - GF Hotel Suggestions

puthsardarade

Hi,

I have been to Pattaya many times but for a change thought I would finally try Phuket, had put it off a few times in the past as I was advised it was more expensive that Pattaya and did not offer much more.

I do plan to do a few touristy things and I wanted advice on where to stay and a few recommendations.

Accomodation budget - I had a quick search and accomodation appears to be quite cheap, so perhaps 1200 baht and under?

Ideally with a swimming pool and good WIFI - location and things I am likely to venture out to on a night need to ideally be walking distance.

On a night I would be keen on going to a disco with FL's - Hiso equivilent if there is one?

With FL's I normally pay 1000-1200 baht LT so ideally I would be looking to pay something similar but I would be willing to to compromise on this a little if it increases my options and the quality is still resonable - so again ideally it would be helpful if the accomodation is in walking distance from where I can pick up FL's on a night.

GF hotel of course.

Thanks in advance.

Yorkshire hotelSoi Sansabai, Patong is in a nice central spot. You might get a bit of doof doof noise late at night though. Prices on Agoda seem pretty good.

I havnt stayed there, but have stayed my last 3 trips at a mates guesthouse nearby in 
Soi Royal Paradise, and being within walking distance to everything (central) is great.

Pools are more often found at the bigger resorts, the Yorkshire was the 1st one I thought of that came in at a budget option.

Pretty much the best nightlife and discos are in Bangla Rd, and freelancers will be mingling amidst the hustle and bustle.

Ahh crap, I just checked the prices again and they double in high season (end of December onwards), so I would'nt bother at that price unless u are going in the next 2 months?) I was a bit distractified when posting b4. 

I have stayed at various last minute resort places without any problems, but having stayed 10-15mins walk out from Soi Bangla, I now prefer to be within a lazy 5 min stroll.

Yorkshire Hotel, Soi Sansabai, Patong is in a nice central spot. You might get a bit of doof doof noise late at night though. Prices on Agoda seem pretty good.

I havnt stayed there, but have stayed my last 3 trips at a mates guesthouse nearby in Soi Royal Paradise, and being within walking distance to everything (central) is great.

Pools are more often found at the bigger resorts, the Yorkshire was the 1st one I thought of that came in at a budget option.

Pretty much the best nightlife and discos are in Bangla Rd, and freelancers will be mingling amidst the hustle and bustle.

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

Yorkshire looks good on tripadvisor.

I will be spending some more time researching alternatives, I was considering the following:

Yorkshire INN

Standard Deluxe – 1200 or 1700 need to check this again

Summer breeze hotel

Standard Deluxe – 1290

Apsara residence

Arya Boutique Room

4.5 TA

Forty Winks Phuket

4.5 TA

FunDee Boutique hotel

4.5 TA

Wanaburi hotel

4.5 TA

Ideally within a few minutes of all the action, pool would be a bonus and not too costly so it leaves me more money to give to the ladies! lol

Thanks

I always go to Summerbreeze... the atmosphere there created by the staff is great... facilities are fine and I've never had a problem come up that the management is not willing to fix for me...on Soi Sansabai... centrally located to all the fun  and the mall is right next door...

I always go to Summerbreeze... the atmosphere there created by the staff is great... facilities are fine and I've never had a problem come up that the management is not willing to fix for me...on Soi Sansabai... centrally located to all the fun  and the mall is right next door...

Thanks it's on the shortlist so I'll do a little more research before finalising.

Wanaburi Hotel is very far from Patong,unless there are two hotels with the same name

Ok in that case its off the list.

you could try the expat hotel girl  friendly great  staff thaipan on the corner  just off bangla road  plenty of expats drink  there been  going there  for 10 years

• 3 weeks later...

Soi Sansabai is your best bet for hotels w/in walking distance of Bangla; my pick there is usually The Lantern, but they charge joiner fees (at least in high season). 

• 2 weeks later...

Any recommendations guys for a guest friendly hotel near to the beach+bangla road for around 3-3.5 k per night?

Thanx in advance...

Nobody..?

Any recommendations guys for a guest friendly hotel near to the beach+bangla road for around 3-3.5 k per night?

Thanx in advance...

Do a map search around Soi Sansabai (directly east of Bangla Road); I only know one hotel there (The Lantern Resort) which isn't GF, and they can be flexible in low season. Even at the far end of the soi, less than 5 minutes to Bangla Road.

try the expat been going there for years close to bangla plenty of like minded guys there thaipan on the corner don't have  to go to far

Thanx guys...Safari is too near(noisy)...

I think i'll choose R-mar resort @spa

Any BM have been there?

Too noisy? Will you be in bed by 10 with a cup of tea? 55555

Too noisy? Will you be in bed by 10 with a cup of tea? 55555

No, no tea for me...thank u ,but even mongers want to sleep/rest

sometimes...

Any BM have been there? 

I stayed there once and it was pretty good; I was staying w/ my TGF, so no idea if it's guest friendly.

It looks closer to Bangla than it is, though - there are no shortcuts to Bangla from the hotel, so if you want to walk there, it's 7-10 minutes. Word of warning.

Any BM have been there?

I stayed there, if you're not on the Bangla side it should be fine, no noise kept me up.

It is guest friendly according to that guestfriendly hotel site, Bangla is maybe 5min walk once you navigate the alley and the block.

Only issue I had with the place is the power/water went out a couple of times in my 10 night stay,no biggie they got it on quick enough.

No, no tea for me...thank u ,but even mongers want to sleep/rest

sometimes...

Fair enough. R Mar Resort is meant to be good, had a mate stayed there. Also GF.

(Last Xmas anyway).

I'm not sure if Tiger Disco is still there (Patong Beach, Bangla Road) - but it was awesome - before and after their big fire.

I stayed there, if you're not on the Bangla side it should be fine, no noise kept me up.

It is guest friendly according to that guestfriendly hotel site, Bangla is maybe 5min walk once you navigate the alley and the block.

Only issue I had with the place is the power/water went out a couple of times in my 10 night stay,no biggie they got it on quick enough.

You speak about safari or r-mar ?

Archived