IGNORED

help. usa holiday visa for thai girlfriend from an English man

bigtimeali

What do I need? Planning a trip to see some friends in the USA next year but I want to take my girlfriend with me. She is staying with me for 2 weeks in oman before I plan to travel to the USA for a 2 week holiday but I haven't a clue on how or how hard it is to get a holiday visa for her. Any advice would be much appreciated as I don't know the constraints of us imigration laws.

I don't know the details but I had a discussion some years with a guy who looked into it. He was from the UK and contacted the US embassy in Bangkok. He said that he was told that it should not be a problem. He didn't go through with it though. It will be interesting to see if anyone had had any experience with this.

I guess you should probably read what the US embassy in Bangkok has to say about visas.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If she was on a visitor visa to UK she wouldn't be allowed to travel anywhere only UK.

I would imagine you'd have to go and apply for an American visitor visa from the embassy as stated above.

You don't provide many details about her, so I will assume she is Thai.

The biggest hurdle will be proving that she has a solid reason to return home and not overstay her visa in the U.S. and live as an illegal.

This could be in the form of home ownership in Thailand, a solid job or profession that she has to return to, etc. 

If she is a former bargirl and cannot provide a solid work record, then traveling with a single male would also raise red flags.

Archived