IGNORED

Help understand these two Thai names

fasteddie

Okay, I was given these two names and not only don't I know how to pronounce them, I don't even know if they are boy or girl names. Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

thai names.jpg

The first is Pee as in using it to address someone older than you, it is used as a prefix to a name. The second is Chan a mans name.

Looks like you need someone better than us lol.

But my answer came from a Thai, but i did'nt ask her if she could read :LOL2:

Good one mate lol

Cheers, my English SOH even rears its ugly head here in rainy Korat :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers, my English SOH even rears its ugly head here in rainy Korat :GoldenSmile1:

Good to see a bit of dry wit,  yeah well who am I to argue with a Thai speaker 5555

Cheers.

It says Phi Biap Chaan. As others have already pointed out the Phi is a title that means 'elder' (relative to person using the title). Biap is a Thai name that can be used for both females and males whereas Chaan is just used by males.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Thank you Dr.!

Each of those words was a name. They refer to two separate individuals so I am now confused about what "Biap" refers to? "Biap Chaan" or "Phi Biap"??

It's not definite but I would assume "Phi Biap" and "Chaan" as being two separate names seeing as they are on separate lines . There's not really much to go on.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Archived