Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

30 day Thai tourist visa

Hopton101

Hope someone can give me the definitive answer on travelling to Thailand on a 30 day tourist visa.

Is it correct that you can get a 30 day extension on arrival at the airport from immigration ? Or would i have to travel to another country to get a stamp and return for the last 30 days.

I know about the problems with land crossings, so if i had to, then by air .

You can get extension on initial 30 days Visa Exemption for another 30 days at any immigration office. You need to bring your passport, photo and pay fee of 1900 thb. Sometimes you might get asked for hotel or flight booking and means to support yourself (ie 20k thb).

If you are planning on staying 60 days then it is best to get a tourist visa before you leave home (which will give you 60 days). This removes the need to get an extension and removes the risk of being refused boarding by your airline. I don't understand why so many people want to fuck around with extensions and border runs when there is no need to.

BTW there is no 30 day tourist visa. It is a 30 day stay on a visa waiver scheme.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks Niccodemi , much appreciated for the decent reply .

Simple reason is Scumbag , i don't like sending my passport off to anyone , items have an annoying habit of going missing in the post or stuck on someones desk and not returned on time. So if i can just turn up at a local immigration office and get an extension. Then thats how i prefer to do it . But thanks for your input !!!!!

As Scumbag says your airline may refuse you boarding if your return ticket is past the 30 days allowed under a visa-free extension. If Thai immigration refuse you entry (unlikely I know) the airline has to return you to your country at their cost and can also be heavily fined.,Many of them don't like to take the chance.

As Scumbag says your airline may refuse you boarding if your return ticket is past the 30 days allowed under a visa-free extension. If Thai immigration refuse you entry (unlikely I know) the airline has to return you to your country at their cost and can also be heavily fined.,Many of them don't like to take the chance.

Scaremongering, a change from just mongering I guess

How do the airline know that i haven't already got another flight booked out of the country with another airline !!!!!!

How do the airline know i haven't got a visa already ?

How do the airline know that i haven't already got another flight booked out of the country with another airline !!!!!!

How do the airline know i haven't got a visa already ?

If they are concerned they can ask that you show them details of your onward journey.

They can look in your passport to see if you have a visa.

They do this as if you are refused entry to Thailand they are responsible for your removal and may be fined. I have been asked a few times at check in to show them my visa.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Me too, I have had a booking out of thailand on another airline and had to go and get a printout of my itinerary.

As long as you've got proof of onward travel (or visa) you should be allowed to board the plane when flying on one-way ticket. Even online booked train ticket to Malaysia is good option.

the biggest risk is a problem at the airline check in, i've been asked before if i have a visa

Problem solved . Booked a flight to Hanoi for £30.00 , 28 days after i arrive in Thailand. Printed itinery off for proof. :-) .

Problem solved . Booked a flight to Hanoi for £30.00 , 28 days after i arrive in Thailand. Printed itinery off for proof. :-) .

Have you got a visa for Vietnam? it's ok I'm just scare mongering

Hope someone can give me the definitive answer on travelling to Thailand on a 30 day tourist visa.

Is it correct that you can get a 30 day extension on arrival at the airport from immigration ? Or would i have to travel to another country to get a stamp and return for the last 30 days.

I know about the problems with land crossings, so if i had to, then by air .

There's not such a thing AFAIK as a 30 day visa. You get in for 30 days without having purchased a visa. Best to buy a 60 day single entry tourist visa at your Country's Thai embassy.

Archived