IGNORED

Areca Lodge

BARHOPPER

I booked through the Addicts booking system and paid the deposit of one night and the balance needs to be settled 2 weeks before my trip.No problem here for me,but i made a few requests.I booked a standard room and have asked for a double bed.I got a reply saying it is on request but at the moment they only have twin beds.Question 1 is. How big are the twin beds? I also heard through the forums that there is building work going on around the back of Areca and the advice is to ask for a room in the front building.I asked the question but only got a reply saying i was in the Areca wing,now having not stayed there before i wouldn't know the location.So Question 2 is where is the Areca wing situated front or back?These are slight issues to me but may make me decide to cancel and book elsewhere.

'From the Purr of Pattaya to the Lure of Luzon!'

No real problem as far the beds are concerned. Twin beds are ok just ask the staff to put them together as a double. Areca will try and find you a room with a double bed but sometimes the rooms with double beds are fully booked. We have taken a room with two singles before had them put them together to make a double and after a few days the staff were able to find us a room with a double bed.

Areca wing because of the building noise (if you are at the back overlooking the swimmming pool) is something I would avoid. Not been there since April but you need to check carefully about the amount of noise to expect. If you are in the wing but not pool side then those rooms are in the main overlooked and again to be avoided.

Notwithstanding the above I have enjoyed my stays at Areca Lodge in the past. It was (and probably still is) a good hotel and not too expensive for the standard (2 x pools + gym + free breakfast for you and your guest), downside is in the high season + Jan + Feb it can be overrun by old age couples, not quite the mongers hotel it used to be.

I always stay at the Areca Lodge and was just there last month. They're adding another wing in the back, back behind the pool. There is noise all day long and construction workers doing more oogling down below at the girls at the pool than doing their job.

The wing on the back side is called the Corona Wing, which is a lot better than the front wing which is the Areca Wing. Plus the pool in the Corona Wing is much larger and nicer than the front one. I stayed one time in the Areca wing and didn't care for it too much.

There are laundry shops across the street from the hotel that are a lot cheaper than the hotel and they do a great job. I always use the one next door to the pizza place, great service and a good job.

The Areca is located on Soi Diana and it's not difficult at all to get to WS or anywhere else. Plus there are a lot of beer bars right down the street if you just want to stay close. There are also a lot of eating establishments very close which serve all types of food. It's easy to get to beach road, just cross second road, go through Mike's Mall and you're on beach road.

I cannot comment on the beds because I've always had a large bed and they've always fullfilled my request.

TxTraveler

I always stay at the Areca Lodge and was just there last month. They're adding another wing in the back, back behind the pool. There is noise all day long and construction workers doing more oogling down below at the girls at the pool than doing their job.

The wing on the back side is called the Corona Wing, which is a lot better than the front wing which is the Areca Wing. Plus the pool in the Corona Wing is much larger and nicer than the front one. I stayed one time in the Areca wing and didn't care for it too much.

There are laundry shops across the street from the hotel that are a lot cheaper than the hotel and they do a great job. I always use the one next door to the pizza place, great service and a good job.

The Areca is located on Soi Diana and it's not difficult at all to get to WS or anywhere else. Plus there are a lot of beer bars right down the street if you just want to stay close. There are also a lot of eating establishments very close which serve all types of food. It's easy to get to beach road, just cross second road, go through Mike's Mall and you're on beach road.

I cannot comment on the beds because I've always had a large bed and they've always fullfilled my request.

TxTraveler

Thanks for the heads up Tx.So the Areca wing is at the front then,so although it's the oldest(probably most worn) part of the hotel,due to the construction going on it's probably the best wing to stay in(Noise wise i mean).As for the beds situation did you have a standard room or a deluxe upwards?Because i think it may be only the standard rooms that have twin beds.I'll carry on with my request(for a room with a double bed) and decide nearer the time that the balance is due whether i'll cancel or not.

When are you going to be in Pattaya BARHOPPER ? I owe you a drink.

Will be there November, gedi.

Thanks for the heads up Tx.So the Areca wing is at the front then,so although it's the oldest(probably most worn) part of the hotel,due to the construction going on it's probably the best wing to stay in(Noise wise i mean).As for the beds situation did you have a standard room or a deluxe upwards?Because i think it may be only the standard rooms that have twin beds.I'll carry on with my request(for a room with a double bed) and decide nearer the time that the balance is due whether i'll cancel or not.

I always stay in a Deluxe room in the Corona wing. They're building 2 buildings back of the Corona wing, one is a addition to the hotel and the other is to the right but I am not sure what it's going to be. To be honest with you, the noise never really bothered me at all. I only put up a deposit when I make my reservations and I think it's 3000 baht.

Deluxe when i have stayed.

Any idea when the new wing is completed ?

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059