Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

US Global Entry Folks Can Now Apply for UK Registered Traveler

harddrive

I just received this email from the Global Entry folks (USA).  If you are a Global Entry participant it looks like you can apply for the UK Registered Traveler program.  Since I don't travel often to the UK, it is not of too much use for me but thought I would pass it on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are receiving this message because you have been identified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a U.S. citizen enrolled in the Global Entry program.  CBP would like to inform you that the United Kingdom now operates an expedited entry program called Registered Traveller.  Registered Traveller is a new service launched by the UK Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK for nationals from the United States.  You are eligible to apply for membership in the UK Registered Traveller service.  Membership in Registered Traveller costs £70.  Complete details of Registered Traveller eligibility and availability can be found online at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.  

Membership in Registered Traveller include the following benefits:

·         Access to ePassport gates at airports across the country

·         Use of the UK / European Union queue at airports across the country

·         A dedicated Registered Traveller lane at Gatwick Airport

·         Not needing to complete a landing card on arrival to the UK

·         No credibility interview with a Border Force officer.

Registered Traveller is already proving popular with members, who have provided praises such as, “This is an excellent service, it is efficient, extremely well run and very effective. I would highly recommend this service,” and “Well done Britain. Fast, secure, easy.  Great service and timesaver, and remarkably easy to set up. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.”

You can apply for Registered Traveller online now at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.  

nice to know but we're in same boat when it come to travel to UK..   no use for me but probably attract tons of business travelers.  

This isn't useful if one is not going to Heathrow or Gatwick. Queues if you are non british/EU passport holders in Man/Bhx/lpl/gla/edi are never more than 5 minutes long. Heathrow is a different beast.

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

• 4 months later...

Interesting. I have a Global Entry card, but haven't traveled to the UK since receiving the card. I'm definitely interested in it, but since it is issued by the UK Government, I think my best path is to pursue that agency in the UK which recognizes my Global Entry card.

Searching now.....

NEXUS holders are also eligible.

Thanks. Being a Global Entry card holder for many years, you'd think I'd be able to remember what NEXUS is, but I have to look it up every time.

I am Googling now......here it is:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/faq-eng.html

No wonder I never remember -- I'm not, and never will be, Canadian:-)

NEXUS is for Americans and Canadians and permanent residents. It started out at land borders but has been expanded to air travel. It includes Global Entry and TSA Pre. $50 for 5 years.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

NEXUS is for Americans and Canadians and permanent residents. It started out at land borders but has been expanded to air travel. It includes Global Entry and TSA Pre. $50 for 5 years.

Thanks. It is intended for travel only into and out of Canada? I'm a US Citizen with US Passport.

It is DHS's primary trusted traveller program so you can use it at any Global Entry point plus many more.

Sorry, I don't know your codes, so I am not sure what you are saying.

DHS? Are you saying this is useful only for entry into Canada?

Sorry, I don't know your codes, so I am not sure what you are saying.

DHS? Are you saying this is useful only for entry into Canada?

DHS administers the service for both sides. Canadians apply for NEXUS and US usually apply for Global Entry (though I think they can apply for NEXUS also) . On approval both the US and Canada border officials interview you and gather biometrics. Fingerprints and photos, US, iris scan, Canada.

Canadians pay 1/2 the price, and if they have NEXUS they get Global Entry free.

NEXUS is for crossing the US/Canada border by car, air or boat. Global Entry is for crossing into the US from other than Canada which is why it is so useful for travel out of North America particularly through the US as a connecting point.

The UK offer is 50 quid a year, pretty expensive over 5 years vs. $50 US for NEXUS/GE for 5 years in total.

I prefer to use Business or First Class and get a high speed lane. If it was 50 pounds for 5 years I'd consider it.

Archived