IGNORED

Happened to me at Immigration

storytime

You get fined 500TBH a day also from stickman's.

I just had a problem at Immigration that might be of interest to your readers.  It seems that 90-day reports must be made counting from the date of the last report OR the last reentry into Thailand - but cannot be counted from the date on which a visa is reissued.  Apparently, a visit to Chaeng Wattana to get a new visa DOES NOT count as a report.  I tried to question their logic but they told me that was the regulation, and I had to pay a 2,000 baht fine.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

You get fined 500TBH a day also from stickman's.

I just had a problem at Immigration that might be of interest to your readers.  It seems that 90-day reports must be made counting from the date of the last report OR the last reentry into Thailand - but cannot be counted from the date on which a visa is reissued.  Apparently, a visit to Chaeng Wattana to get a new visa DOES NOT count as a report.  I tried to question their logic but they told me that was the regulation, and I had to pay a 2,000 baht fine.

Actually, the last time I went out of Thailand the computer at the immigration at the airport said I was on overstay for 9 months. This because I got my visa at Chaeng Wattana. It seems their systems aren't totally connected.

It was cleared without a fine at a second desk.

If you're late for a 90-day report the fine is 2,000 baht (not 500 baht a day).

As the Stickman post says, 90-day reporting and extending a visa/extension of stay are completely separate.  Extending your visa/extension does not start the 90 day clock.

It might be confusing but this regulation has been in force for years. Only first extension of stay counts as report all other don't. Some up-country immigration offices do this at the same time though.

Archived