IGNORED

Alternative to Areca Lodge near LK Metro

liston

Hi there. Looking to book a hotel near LK Metro similar to Areca Lodge, i.e. near the action and nice pool but slightly cheaper as Areca is just outside my budget. Not the sawasdee one.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

I just stayed at the Metropole. Its almost as good. I think their price are usually about the same. I have also stayed at Ren-a sons which I think cost more. Not that many options. Maybe try one close to soi Diana on 2nd road or soi bukkow.

for cheaper try nature view on soi buakhao, only a 5 min walk to LK Metro, think it was around 900 baht a night, not as nice as lk metropole or acrea but still decent enough

China Garden, You can use the pool across the street for 100 / day.

Sutus Court

+1 Nature View

Pattaya Bay Resort

Pasadena Lodge, No Pool

Thanks all. Will have a look into them

The whole lk, diana, metro area could use a lot more  better designed hotels that ratchet up the affordable luxury quotient.

Right now there are 2-3 average chain hotels and a whole lot of guesthouses that look like they've been designed by philistines.

Have a look into guesthouses in the area i.e.Robins nest or Honey pot canterbury Tales and use the pool at LK Metropole or top of mikes?

OP - I also like the Soi Diana LK/Metro area and last couple of trips have stayed guesthouse/cheaper hotel for a few days then usually Areca for last few days.  

Robins Nest Restaurant and Guest House Soi Diana - stayed there in March this year for 4 days. Great place, big clean rooms, decent shower, flat screen TV with balcony overlooking Soi Diana. Really liked it there. 900 baht, high season, does not include breakfast. Cheaper low season. Ground floor restaurant is very good. Great WIFI

24/7 Boutique hotel Soi Honey. Stayed there for 6 nights last month. New, very good hotel, excellent rooms, roof top pool and small gym. Buffet breakfast for 2 across the road in Honey hotel is included in price. 1300 baht a night, walk in off the street price.. Great WIFI

A bit further away - but Pattaya Blue Sky on Soi 5 is very good too. Again newish hotel, excellent room, big roof top pool and gym. WIFI a bit flaky. Last month I stayed 3 nights, price was 1200 baht a night, booked via Agoda.

Also stayed in Sweethearts Bar and Guest House on Soi Buakhow, near junction with Soi 15 (so 5 minute walk to junction of Soi Diana/Buakhow).  High Season price was 700 baht a night. Clean a/c room good TV, shower was a bit on the weak side. Great WIFI. 

Bar downstairs was very good with very friendly English owners, Colin and Robbie.  This is a good budget option, but nowadays I prefer a bit more luxury.

Good hunting.

You could do worse than try the Centra Avenue - a new 4 star hotel in the little soi next to Areca. Room rates vary, but around 1,500THB pn. Here is a review I did a few months back.

Centra Avenue - a Lottellee Winna review

less than 5 minutes walk from LK (depending how pissed you are) is my place and well below Arecas cost...

Have a look at the link below.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

less than 5 minutes walk from LK (depending how pissed you are) is my place and well below Arecas cost...

Cheers

Alan.

I have not yet had the pleasure of staying at the Rose yet, but all the guys I know who have give it rave reviews!

You could do worse than try the Centra Avenue - a new 4 star hotel in the little soi next to Areca. Room rates vary, but around 1,500THB pn. Here is a review I did a few months back.

Centra Avenue - a Lottellee Winna review

thanks unfortunately on Agoda it's now up to sane price as Areca Lodge.

Cheers

Alan.

thanks will look.

Depending on your dates we may have a room that suits

thanks, stayed with you before and it was excelkent, the big room with the sofa abd it was excellent. Kind of looking for a pool this time. Will be with two friends who are coming for the first time. Looking for three rooms.

thanks unfortunately on agoda it's now up to sane price as areca lodge.

I'm looking to be in Patts in 2 weeks time - it's on at under 1,500 with Expedia. Now I know why I'm a low season guy.

Did a lucky dip type thing with Agoda for 4 star hotel in beach road for 23 pounds. Got imperial pattaya hotel. We shall see.

Did a lucky dip type thing with agoda for 4 star hotel in beach road for 23 pounds. Got imperial pattaya hotel. We shall see.

Seriously, is Imperial pattaya truly a 4 star joint and are they girl friendly.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Did a lucky dip type thing with agoda for 4 star hotel in beach road for 23 pounds. Got imperial pattaya hotel. We shall see.

You got a good deal its normally abut 40 GBP per night ( including tax ).

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Seriously, is Imperial pattaya truly a 4 star joint and are they girl friendly.

Not sure on either really. Guy above thinks it's a good deal.

Was 23 pounds plus tax so about 30. Hope it is guest friendly. We have 5 Nights there.

• 6 months later...

premier inn works in a budget and its closed to the area

• 10 months later...

Imperial was good by the way, very quiet apart from occasional bout of lots of Chinese tourists. Very noisy at breakfast. Girl friendly.

I'm staying at Access Inn this time. It seems perfect at the top of Soi Lengkee and you can you the pool in hotel behind it for 100 bhat. Have a look at it, I stayed at Adelphi last trip it was lovely and cheaper than the Areca. Takes about 10 minutes to walk to LK Metro or motorbike taxi outside the hotel to it for 40 bhat.

Lots of options in and around  LK

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived