IGNORED

Can you help me translate 2 tiny sentences please?

Amaz

Hi,

Would really appreciate some help on this taken from FB. Probably not even complete sentences and I can't give you much context either, sorry.

ว่าแต่เขา อิเหนาเป็นเอง

Had a crack with google, could this mean something in the sense of her saying "as for him, I'm going to work on farm by myself"?

and then I got this, tried to translate using google, couldn't make sense of it. No context either, no idea if that even has anything to do with me.

บ่มีสาเหตุจะปั่นหัวไผ ด่อกเด้อ ถ้ามันบ่แม่นความจิงไผจะไปเว่าพากันฮักกันดี กะแฮงดีตั่วจะบ่ได้โทมาหาผัวคนอื่น คนมันเฮดล่ะ สิเว่าความจิงกะคนของตัวเองบ่

Thanks a ton!

Try using Thai2English.

Hi,

Would really appreciate some help on this taken from FB. Probably not even complete sentences and I can't give you much context either, sorry.

ว่าแต่เขา อิเหนาเป็นเอง

Had a crack with google, could this mean something in the sense of her saying "as for him, I'm going to work on farm by myself"?

and then I got this, tried to translate using google, couldn't make sense of it. No context either, no idea if that even has anything to do with me.

บ่มีสาเหตุจะปั่นหัวไผ ด่อกเด้อ ถ้ามันบ่แม่นความจิงไผจะไปเว่าพากันฮักกันดี กะแฮงดีตั่วจะบ่ได้โทมาหาผัวคนอื่น คนมันเฮดล่ะ สิเว่าความจิงกะคนของตัวเองบ่

Thanks a ton!

That's Isaan, not Thai. I'll try but I don't understand all of it. 

บ่มีสาเหตุจะปั่นหัวไผ - there's no reason (to give Pie a headache?) ...umm next...

ด่อกเด้อ - I don't think this has a meaning that we should translate.

ถ้ามันบ่แม่นความจิงไผจะไปเว่าพากันฮักกันดี - if it's not true Pie will go tell (who?) it's ok to love each other.

กะแฮงดีตั่วจะบ่ได้โทมาหาผัวคนอื่น - well then someone can't call other husbands

คนมันเฮดล่ะ - literally: person, it, does, then what? sorry can't decipher that one

สิเว่าความจิงกะคนของตัวเองบ่ - Are you telling the truth to your spouse? (The idea is that you're the owner of your wife or husband)

So who's Pie?

and how about using Isaan2Thai first? Something like this:

บ่มี = ไม่มี

เด้อ = ค่ะ

บ่แม่น =ไม่ใช่

ความจิง = ความจริง

เว่า = พูด

ฮัก = รัก

เฮด = ทำ

กะ = กับ

บ่ = ไหม (at the end of the sentence)

That's Isaan, not Thai. I'll try but I don't understand all of it. 

บ่มีสาเหตุจะปั่นหัวไผ - there's no reason (to give Pie a headache?) ...umm next...

ด่อกเด้อ - I don't think this has a meaning that we should translate.

ถ้ามันบ่แม่นความจิงไผจะไปเว่าพากันฮักกันดี - if it's not true Pie will go tell (who?) it's ok to love each other.

กะแฮงดีตั่วจะบ่ได้โทมาหาผัวคนอื่น - well then someone can't call other husbands

คนมันเฮดล่ะ - literally: person, it, does, then what? sorry can't decipher that one

สิเว่าความจิงกะคนของตัวเองบ่ - Are you telling the truth to your spouse? (The idea is that you're the owner of your wife or husband)

So who's Pie?

and how about using Isaan2Thai first? Something like this:

บ่มี = ไม่มี

เด้อ = ค่ะ

บ่แม่น =ไม่ใช่

ความจิง = ความจริง

เว่า = พูด

ฮัก = รัก

เฮด = ทำ

กะ = กับ

บ่ = ไหม (at the end of the sentence)

Thanks for trying. No idea who Pie is, are you sure it's a name? I know her pretty well and there's no one in her life with that name that I know of.

Try using Thai2English.

Did that. That's how I sorta had a guess about what the first one could mean.

My wife try it both written and spoken.

Not working. Maybe written wrong way. She could even read that.

ว่าแต่เขา อิเหนาเป็นเอง=it mean we both are little bit crazy.

She have no ide what this is!!!

ว่าแต่เขา อิเหนาเป็นเอง

This is a Thai saying, the English equivalent is: the pot calling the kettle black, or: it takes one to know one

Ekku already got most of the Isan words in the 2nd sentence.

A couple more:

ไผ - ใคร

ด่อกเด้อ - หรอกนะ

กะ - ก็ (or กับ)

สิ - จะ

So in Central Thai it would be:

ไม่มีสาเหตุจะปั่นหัวใครหรอกนะ ถ้ามันไม่ใช่ความจริงใครจะไปพูดพากันรักกันดี ก็แฮงดีตัวจะไม่ได้โทรมาหาผัวคนอื่น คนมันทำล่ะ จะพูดความจริงกับคนของตัวเองไหม

My take on the English:

There's no reason to stir up trouble with someone. If it's not true then who whould go around saying they love each other? Even if I had a hangover I wouldn't phone someone elses husband. People that do, would they speak the truth to their own people?

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Thanks slick! It makes sense now. There's nobody called Pie but it's a pronoun "who" or "anyone" ... 

I would say the last sentence in your translation "their own people" means "their wife" or "their husband".

soi16: there's no right way to write Isaan so it might look like Thai "written the wrong way". Most of them speak and write Thai so they use the Thai alphabet for both languages.

I hope this helps...

My wife say it's about a lady talking about her female friend...and she believes her friend is doing something bad, but is trying to shift the blame.

To paraphrase

In the first part.....'You blame somebody but you are the one doing it'

Second part......'I don't want to make any problem. If it's not true I'm not going to say anything. Good I don't call your husband , as long as you tell him the truth.'

Sounds like someone cheating on someone and they understandably don't like it....and sounds like the guilty party is in denial...

....so perhaps the earlier interpretation of 'the pot calling the kettle black'...is the significant part of this dialogue.

Isaan people can switch from Thai, to Isaan Thai, Cambodian Thai, Lao Tai......whatever they like...and I can understand a thing!

Added to that many Thais under 40 are illiterate....

Thanks slick! It makes sense now. There's nobody called Pie but it's a pronoun "who" or "anyone" ... 

I would say the last sentence in your translation "their own people" means "their wife" or "their husband".

You're probably right, but without context I just translated it literally.

Btw, there are probably a couple more Isan words in there:

แฮง haeng for instance. In Thai it is short for hangover (spelled แฮงค์), but here it probably means แรง raeng - strong, extreme.

I like the hangover better :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks so much for your effort guys, appreciate it a lot.

The two sentences are not connected by the way, there's a few days and posts between both. Also, when I translated ว่าแต่เขา อิเหนาเป็นเอง using thai2english I worked out to something like "work farm alone" could that be the correct translation at all or is it way off?

It's way off I'm afraid :D

Thai2english is a lot better than Google translate, but for this sentence it splits up a word incorrectly, and gives the wrong meaning for some words.

It should be:

ว่า to blame

แต่ only

เขา him

อิเหนา Enau

เป็น to be

เอง oneself

Meaning: you blame only him, but you yourself are Enau.

Enau is a prince from an epic (originally Javanese) story that is pretty famous all over SE Asia.

He was sent to war by his father to fight for the hand of a princess and was blaming the princes of other kingdoms why they would go to war just for a girl. But as soon as he saw her he fell in love and did exactly the same.

So that's were the saying comes from, similar in meaning to "the pot calling the kettle black" in English

It's way off I'm afraid :D

Thai2english is a lot better than Google translate, but for this sentence it splits up a word incorrectly, and gives the wrong meaning for some words.

It should be:

ว่า to blame

แต่ only

เขา him

อิเหนา Enau

เป็น to be

เอง oneself

Meaning: you blame only him, but you yourself are Enau.

Enau is a prince from an epic (originally Javanese) story that is pretty famous all over SE Asia.

He was sent to war by his father to fight for the hand of a princess and was blaming the princes of other kingdoms why they would go to war just for a girl. But as soon as he saw her he fell in love and did exactly the same.

So that's were the saying comes from, similar in meaning to "the pot calling the kettle black" in English

Your knowledge of SEA culture and language is incredible. Thanks again for helping me out with this. Really appreciate your time and effort.

Does somebody has a link to "isaan2thai" that Ekku is referring to ?
Seems interesting, but I couldn't find it... Isaan, Esaan, ...2thai or tothai,... whatever.
I tried also on google apps without success. Anyone in the know?

Does somebody has a link to "isaan2thai" that Ekku is referring to ?

Seems interesting, but I couldn't find it... Isaan, Esaan, ...2thai or tothai,... whatever.

I tried also on google apps without success. Anyone in the know?

Sorry but I don't think it exists!  I just meant that the text should be in Thai before you can use Thai2English.  .... right?

Archived