IGNORED

Apple Crap

likethaigirls

Because my laptop's old, a friend suggested getting a tablet. As I was in Pattaya, Thailand, that's where I got it. iPad Air WiFi 16 GB.

It was fine for 5~6 months, then, when trying to turn it on, the battery power gradually faded, eventually, down to 2% (even plugged in.)

I took it back to where I got it (Atom Phone, Pattaya IT Mall, 2nd floor), and they said the problem was the battery, which they replaced free, although they initially tried to charge $70, then $100 USD for that service. Photo attached.

For 3~4 days it was perfect, 100% power. Then, no power, just a message, "iPad is disabled."

I took it to an Apple Service Center in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. They said it wasn't the battery, it was the internal workings of the machine, which has been OK for 5 days.

But the machine I got back in Phnom Penh is NOT the machine I originally bought. For example, "Clock," has settings for Cupertino, Paris, Beijing and Tokyo- NONE of which were set by me.

Sometimes, when trying to log on to a website, I get a message that the tablet CAN'T get in touch with the server. Yet when I try to do that with my laptop, I AM connected. This has never happened, not since I got my first machine half a year ago.

I read that Apple machines will be repaired free when bought within the last year. But when I was leaving the Phnom Penh shop, the technician called me down for $5.

This isn't about $5. It's about honesty, morality, ethics, liars, etc.

Dealing with me, Apple lacks all of these things- all of them.

Phnom Penh Repair Charge.JPGAtom Phone repair invoice.JPGAtom Phone Purchase Receipt.JPG

Don't deal with Atom…call apple direct….there has to be a toll free number for the country you're in check their website.

Their customer service is the best in the biz…they will take care of you.

Im always leery of buying apple stuff from unauthorised resellers.

Yeah, if you're in the situation I was in, go online for Apple Certified Service Center. Then go there.

Live and learn!

Apple Crap

says it all

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I broke my laptop screen twice and apple fixed it for me without question... take it to Apple :)

I read that Apple machines will be repaired free when bought within the last year. But when I was leaving the Phnom Penh shop, the technician called me down for $5. This isn't about $5. It's about honesty, morality, ethics, liars, etc. Dealing with me, Apple lacks all of these things- all of them.

It appears that you did not purchase your iPad from a legitimate Apple Store, or their regional Premium Resellers (like iStore or iStudio, in Thailand). Apple's service and warranty applies to new equipment, purchased from any of those official outlets.

It appears you purchase a used piece of equipment, that might be remanufactured from other parts - what you describe makes it seem that way. It also seems that you purchase it from a dodgy store.

You then went to another NON-Apple service center, which didn't provide you with proper satisfaction (and which confirmed that your hardware was dodgy or malfunctioning).

How is this Apple's fault?

Go to a GENUINE Apple service provider, or contact GENUINE Apple via the phone, and they will assist and help you.

Archived