Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chiang Rai Hotels

malct

Hi all,

Are there any new hotels, Guest houses that have opened up recently in the city center, I have been looking at the Kanlaya place near the clock tower, but the photos don't tell you to much but their are good reviews.

I have been to Yasothon a few times and i have stayed in 3 different hotels in town that you cant find on the web and each one offers great value for money, so i was hoping that someone might know of something similar in chiang Rai.

Looking for something their too,for around 4 nights on a first visit,can anyone suggest any ???

I stayed at the DE-HUG in town last month...It's basic but new- Reminded me of being in Ikea. ...Cracking 'bean to cup' coffee machine at breakfast !  It's in town but not in the center...My other half said the Thai food tasted better than the Dusit ! 

I would have thought they would be more new hotels near the clock tower, but unable to find any on the web.

Have been in two diffrent hotels in CR.

My advise is avoid them both.

The Rim Kok riverside is shithole.

Everything inside the rooms are 15 years old, the ugly carpet too.

Saen Phu Place is the other one. Same shit.

Try this one: http://www.tripadvisor.com/MobileHotelSearch-g297920-a_inDay.-a_inMonth.-a_inYear.-a_latitude.-a_longitude.-a_outDay.-a_outMonth.-a_outYear.-a_searchFilter.hotels-jpopHigh-Chiang_Rai_Chiang_Rai_Province.html

I would have thought they would be more new hotels near the clock tower, but unable to find any on the web.

Search Agoda....why is it important to stay by the clock tower?  Getting around is cheap enough

Reason for the clock tower, everything seems to be walking distance and handy if having a drink at night.

It is true, the action is near the clock tower.

The center of the action is the Wangcome hotel, no need to walk for more than three minutes from there.

• 7 months later...

I stayed in the Wiang Inn, quite a big place with a large reception.Seems to cater for tour groups passing through,i think it is quite decent.

I arrived in Chiang Rai on the green bus from chiang mai,got off the bus in the station which is only a 2 minute walk from the hotel,but as the station is surrounded by buildings i did'nt know what direction to go,finished up in the back of a rusty daihatsu  mini baht bus for a one minute ride to the hotel.

The other one i looked at was the Wangcome which also looks alright

Stayed at the kanlaya place for a four night stay, we were given room 202 which lacked a window view but you could go outside and sit overlooking the garden. We found that beds very firm and slepted well, plenty of hot water in the shower. Plenty of sockets and lots of TV channels to. Breakfast was ample with toast jam, butter and a banana, but to be honest, I don't eat much more At home in the morning, but its help yourself and with fruit juice and tea and coffee. I will stay at the kanlaya again, close to everything Chiang rai has to offer, close to bars, cafes, restaurants and the clock tower, tours will pick up at the hotel and you can buy your tour from the kanlaya if you don't want to shop around. Overall, very clean, friendly and close to the nightlife and night market.

Archived