IGNORED

My New Method of learning Vocabulary

herds

Everyone learns differently, but I'm finding this really effective when learning vocabulary, something that used to just go in one ear and out the other after consulting the dictionary.

At about 30 mins a day:

1. I pick a category on http://www.thai-language.com/category/ every day,

2. Pick all words I deem useful, maybe 20 words from each subject,

3. Write the english words down first

4. Study the corresponding thai words

5. Work through the list writing the corresponding Thai words (not in script) that I can remember, if I cannot remember the words I leave them, study the thai words again and try the next time through until I can write them all.

6. Then I attempt to write in thai script.

7..and If I have time i'll try and mix these words into a useful sentences.

Probably a little too much like school for some but it's worked well for me, ,I think i I've increased my vocabulary a huge amount doing this, probably like 15-20 words a day.

Great advice-Thanx! I just returned from Pattaya and called my GF there. Her english was pretty good when I visited, but when I called she didn't say a word. So i picked up some some courses here and have just been learning pronounciation so far. But I'll keep that site in mind when I get better versed in Thai. Then I can call har gain in a few months!