IGNORED

Applying for Thai Passport for child

selfishLadyboy

Hey all,

I just had a question in regards to applying for a Thai Passport for my son.

Him and myself are Australian citizens and his mother is a Thai Citizen/Australian Permanent Resident. We had separated earlier in the year but now things have gotten very messy.

She has threatened on many occasions to take my son to Thailand so I will never see him again. 

My question is can she get him a Thai Passport from Australia without needing my consent? 

Thanks in advance

Yes, i think so. My ex wife made a Thai passport for my daughter in Thailand, i did not have to sign. It took some time to get the passport ready so we picked it up on the next trip when my daughter was with me.

I don't know about Australia but in Belgium i needed to go to city counsil to sign an allowance for my daughter to leave the country as long as she was under 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all,

I just had a question in regards to applying for a Thai Passport for my son.

Him and myself are Australian citizens and his mother is a Thai Citizen/Australian Permanent Resident. We had separated earlier in the year but now things have gotten very messy.

She has threatened on many occasions to take my son to Thailand so I will never see him again. 

My question is can she get him a Thai Passport from Australia without needing my consent? 

Thanks in advance

Based on UK law(maybe the same) if you were/are married then you will  have parental responsibility- and could block her taking your child out of the country...As for her getting a Thai passport for him, then I guess that would be easy ...

OP there's a number of things you can do if you believe this is a real possibility including getting the kid on a watch list. Not sure what State you're from so head to the Attorney Generals website in the first place; the info here is a good start.

Archived