IGNORED

Apps from my own country on phones from thailand

VFV

My phone broke here in thailand, so I bought a new one here in pattaya. One problem is however is that I can not find any apps from my own country? Is this becuase I am in thailand and I can find them when I am in my own country again, or is it because of the phone itself? Is there anything I can do about that while I am in thailand?

you gotta sign in to the iphone with your countries username etc, or tell it you live in your country.   some apps are region based and they know where you are.  reset it saying you are in your country, they should come up

First of all, it would help us to know what kind of phone it is.  :Think1:

Sounds like you have to set the phone's preferred location to your home country so it can use the 'correct' app store, right now it seems that it's seeing you are in Thailand and so only showing you Thai versions of apps?

So if you have an iPhone, sign into your normal Apple account; if on Android you probably have to sign into the Google Play store or something?  :Dunno:

As jh points out, some apps will be region based so you can not download them outside of the authorized area unless you do a workaround like a VPN so the app store 'sees' you at 'home'.

I needed a couple of banking apps and could not get here in Thailand. contacted a friend in the US and he emailed me the apks i needed i just downloaded from his email very easy

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Archived