IGNORED

Marriott Restaurants

The quality is good, but you do pay for it compared to other places in the area - 3 to 4 times as much. The service was excellent 2 years ago, have not been since then. The garden area restaurant is great, very romantic. You will need to dress for the occasion however, but that makes it more of an event. The steaks are very good, but if you like wine the choice is limited and the prices IMO are not realistic, very overpriced, but then wine is in Thailand.

Edited by Archer4

I stayed many times at the Marriott, Pattaya and I was very pleased with the quality of the food and of course with

the service. The Garden Cafe Restaurant is excellent for sure. Ok, The price is one thing to take care about. But we

are at the Marriott. So I'm sure you don't expect the prices of the streetfood vendors. If you're there and you like

seafood - try it. It's absolute excellent - very delicious. There are two more restaurants at the Marriott. The Chinese

restaurant (Rice Mill) at the ground floor and a Japanese restaurant (Benihana) which is located an 2. floor of the

Royal Garden Plaza (next to the Marriott). Both are fine restaurant with quality food and good service staff.

And by the way there is no special dress code at the Marriott. Sure!

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

I perhaps didn't make myself that clear (apologies), it is right that there is not a formal dress code at the restaurant's, but if you turned up scruffy you would perhaps feel out of place, as the people normally dress smartly there (smart casual). You won't be refused service, but you may feel a little uncomfortable (IMO). It's a personal thing, but I always put a pair of trousers and a shirt on.

I perhaps didn't make myself that clear (apologies), it is right that there is not a formal dress code at the restaurant's, but if you turned up scruffy you would perhaps feel out of place, as the people normally dress smartly there (smart casual). You won't be refused service, but you may feel a little uncomfortable (IMO). It's a personal thing, but I always put a pair of trousers and a shirt on.

Oh, ok. I agree. I thought you mean you have to wear kind of a suit or something. You're right a shirt and a pair of trousers are ok.

Oh, ok. I agree. I thought you mean you have to wear kind of a suit or something. You're right a shirt and a pair of trousers are ok.

Thanks guys, this certainly helps! How much would an average meal cost for 2 people without drinks?

You have two choices. If you take a meal from the menu card the average price is about 300 baht for Thai food up to

600 - 700 baht for steak (but very good quality). If you choose the buffet (it's like an all you can eat) the price would be

1.200 b per person. I'm not exactly sure, but prices are around that.

Does anybody tried lunch or dinner buffet ?

Meal Rate : 16 Jan - 31 Oct, 2008 (Garden Cafe')

- Buffet Breakfast THB 600

- Lunch THB 800

- Buffet Dinner THB 950

http://www.pattayahotelthailand.com/Pattay...d_Spa/index.htm

The breakfast buffet has also a big variety of choices. You can have American, English, Thai or Japanese breakfast.

I'm sure you will be pleased with it. But I don't know how the lunch buffet is because I was there only in the morning

and sometimes in the evening.

Sounds like it's western prices in a good resterant

There once was a man from china

he wasnt a very good climber

he slipped on a rock

and ripped off his cock

and now hes got a vagina

• 8 months later...