IGNORED

Thai Airways Golf Clubs Baggage Allowance

Sexy Couple

Home now after a month in Thailand and some fantastic times banging the balls about [emoji56]

In the end it was no drama, we packed the golf carrier up to about 25kg. We had another suitcase of a similar weight then a backpack that we checked.

Total baggage for the two of us was just shy of 65kg and, even though any one combination of bags was at least 35kg, there was no problems at Thai check-in.

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

KLM/Air France allow 23kg check in plus 12kg hand luggage, AND free golf bag upto 23kg from UK. Need to join Flying blue club (free) and print out a voucher.

another option that i did was to buy a set of calloway big berthas on eBay for £30 and left them there with a friend so weight is now never a problem 

another option that i did was to buy a set of calloway big berthas on eBay for £30 and left them there with a friend so weight is now never a problem 

Smart thinking james.....if only I had known I was going to make 13 trips to Pattaya (after saying my 1st trip in 2008 was going to be a one off trip) I would have done the same.

I would have left them at the hotel and saved a lot of hassle ..eg, wrapping the clubs at both airports and having to book a minivan for 4 because a sedan can't fit clubs and luggage in the boot.

My last trip...even though I had my clubs wrapped in Perth...I still had a snapped driver shaft by the time I got to Thailand.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

• 4 weeks later...

Why are you wrapping clubs?

Buy flight bag - your clubs are then properly protected. I have flown well over 150000 miles to golf destinations and never had any damage.

Flight bag, good carry bag, clubs, balls, wet weather gear, shoes is still around 15-16 kilos and suitcase should be easily under 15 kilos if you don't take the kitchen sink........

I have travelled easily with Emirates with 30kg allowance - Thai have have only recently changed to 30 so I am using them in acouple of weeks.

Why are you wrapping clubs?

Buy flight bag - your clubs are then properly protected. I have flown well over 150000 miles to golf destinations and never had any damage.

Flight bag, good carry bag, clubs, balls, wet weather gear, shoes is still around 15-16 kilos and suitcase should be easily under 15 kilos if you don't take the kitchen sink........

I have travelled easily with Emirates with 30kg allowance - Thai have have only recently changed to 30 so I am using them in acouple of weeks.

Yes, I have a flight bag (Wilson Staff with wheels) and it offers good protection. I also wrap towels and clothing inside the top of the flight bag for added protection.

You clearly don't have friends living in Thailand who want things brought over.

Get them to pay the excess baggage costs. Simples!

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

Archived