Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Married concern

MARCUSCHAN

Hi expat

It's been a while and hope you all doing great in thailand.

I have some question to ask and yes is married matter. I got engage to this girl and she is thai but working here in malaysia in an IT company. We been together 2 years now we got engage last month. We decided to have a simple married in thailand and I wan to do it at here hometown that will be kamphaeng phet in northern thailand.

I really need some help as I am not rich and my mom and dad have pass away few years now so all I have to do is all do it myself.

My dream wedding is like the issan wedding traditional and also the food will be like buffet. Guest is some where around like 80 to 100.I just wan to make like 1 day married ceremony and just make it simple. Not like in 5 star hotel and of course there will be booze.

Any idea and what the around amount?

Cheers

Shouldn't cost more than 70,000 baht.

IF your bride keeps the record of people coming and donating, as well as a record of expenses, the wedding should pretty much pay for itself.

However, the issue of Sinsod is a real issue and is something you must seriously consider.

If you don't pay 'enough' Sinsod, as well as buying gold for her mother it may prove to be a face losing process.

Not sure if you are getting married to 'legalize' your relationship.

If so, you can do this by 'proving your intent' via the Miniistry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.

Marriage is a serious step, be it the Cultural Ceremony(which doesn't legalize your marriage) or the formal process.

Either way I hope your Fiancee is Fully supportive, and all goes well.

Cheers,

H888

Just read your interests....only sex, sex and sex.

If that's the case......the novelty will wear off with one woman, so my question is why get married?

Just read your interests....only sex, sex and sex.

If that's the case......the novelty will wear off with one woman, so my question is why get married?

I was thinking the same thing 555

Lol

Well we all changes mate... now I am a grown man. I join this forum and interest in mongering 7 years back.

LOL!

Consider now I am orphaned because I lost my family and relative wise is not closed.

Anyway thanks for the advise.

I am a little confused, surely your fiance should be able to answer all these questions for you? getting legally married is a simple affair and cost a few thousand baht only. Having a marriage ceremony party is purely a celebration it has no legal standing of marriage, although most Thais see it as important.

That declaration of marriage can be expensive, not so much the party itself but the Sinsod which is presented at it. Have you discussed with your fiance what her family are expecting as SinSod?  

I am a little confused, surely your fiance should be able to answer all these questions for you? getting legally married is a simple affair and cost a few thousand baht only. Having a marriage ceremony party is purely a celebration it has no legal standing of marriage, although most Thais see it as important.

That declaration of marriage can be expensive, not so much the party itself but the Sinsod which is presented at it. Have you discussed with your fiance what her family are expecting as SinSod?

Hi cerberus

Thanks for the advice

I haven't speak to them yet bur doing it soon.

Should I do the ceremony 1st or the legalize the marriage 1st?

Hi cerberus

Thanks for the advice

I haven't speak to them yet bur doing it soon.

Should I do the ceremony 1st or the legalize the marriage 1st?

Some do the party first and are seen as married by Thais generally afterwards. From a legal standpoint you are not married until you have had it registered at the Ampur. Which you do first is entirely down to yourselves, I have known couples that had the village wedding then did not register it till a year or two later. As said you are not legally married till you have registered your marriage at the Ampur.

Seeing as you have done nothing as of yet, the first thing I would ask my fiance is what her parents expectations are regards Sin Sod as the amount may be a breaking point for you. If you can negotiate that to the satisfaction of both parties, then the party can be as expensive as you wish. 70k baht could cover it, up to 250k baht. If you stick to a reasonable sized party then you will regain some of the cost with wedding gifts which traditionally are cash in Thailand.

I should approach this slowly step by step if I were you.

No disrespect to OP's fiance but remember to play the sinsot game by the same rules Thais play it by. Has the daughter been married previously? If so no sinsot. Has she had a child? If so no sinsot.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

all marriages i have seen, including mine, the sinsod is used by the parents  paying the party so don't let them pay you twice, sinsod and party ! maybe not the same in different parts of Thailand but in Sisaket it is like this !

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 2 years later...

You may ask your gf to get the registration of your marraige at district office or Amphur then you can have small party at night time with her family. this should not cost more 15,000 -20,000 baht

Archived