IGNORED

Visa Issues

mike s

My TGF has been living with me in the UK for 5 months, and has recently returned, within her visa timelimit, and she has applied

again, and this has been refused.

The reason for refusal is not paperwork, or proof of sponsor etc, but it states :

'You have returned after spending 5 months in the UK, and have applied almost immediately for a further 6 month visa. Should this clearance be issued, then you would have resided in the UK for 11 months, and as such, the embassy is not satisfied that you are not attempting to abuse the use of a UK visit visa to reside in the UK.'

I am going to BKK tomorrow (23rd), and we were hopefully going to come back together on the 9th October. With the exception of waiting a few months, does anyone have any idea's of what I might write as to an re-application next week.

That sucks! I would try to speak directly to an expert - a public servant or a politician who works in that area.

What is the appeal process and what do you have to do to prove she is just visiting are the questions that need to be

answered. Best of luck!

At least they gave you a reason for the denial, in the usa they just say denied. Why don't you marry the girl if you want to be with her?

What they are saying is that a tourist visa is only to be used for a short stay in the country not for a person to reside in the UK. A tourist visa should not be used to live in a country which is what you appear to be planning to do.

IMO, if you are re-applying after only a short amount of time after the refused application I would think the chances of them refusing again is very high. I would suggest talking to some one at the embassy to discuss your options.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I dont think reapplying straight away is the best thing to do. It sounds like they'll just knock it back with the same reason.

You could do with finding out from the embassy what they class as a reasonable ammount of time your girlfriend needs to be back in Thailand before she can come back to the UK. They must be working to some sort of guideline and will surely let you know what that is.

Would marry her tomorrow, but am going through a divorce, so not an option currently.

I appreciate all comments, but what I find hard to take is that she WILL NOT cost the UK taxpayer anything for her stay, yet

we let in thousands at cost to the UK taxpayer without question.

Looks like she will be staying in Issan for a few months then. !

My TGF has been living with me in the UK for 5 months, and has recently returned, within her visa timelimit, and she has applied

The reason for refusal is not paperwork, or proof of sponsor etc, but it states :

'You have returned after spending 5 months in the UK, and have applied almost immediately for a further 6 month visa. Should this clearance be issued, then you would have resided in the UK for 11 months, and as such, the embassy is not satisfied that you are not attempting to abuse the use of a UK visit visa to reside in the UK.'

I am going to BKK tomorrow (23rd), and we were hopefully going to come back together on the 9th October. With the exception of waiting a few months, does anyone have any idea's of what I might write as to an re-application next week.

That sucks! I would try to speak directly to an expert - a public servant or a politician who works in that area.

What is the appeal process and what do you have to do to prove she is just visiting are the questions that need to be

answered. Best of luck!

Talk to BM Azzeyy on here, he is a home office registered UK Visa Agent.

At least they gave you a reason for the denial, in the usa they just say denied. Why don't you marry the girl if you want to be with her?

Under UK law they must gove you a written reason as it is unlawful to deny a legitimate application.

What they are saying is that a tourist visa is only to be used for a short stay in the country not for a person to reside in the UK. A tourist visa should not be used to live in a country which is what you appear to be planning to do.

IMO, if you are re-applying after only a short amount of time after the refused application I would think the chances of them refusing again is very high. I would suggest talking to some one at the embassy to discuss your options.

This will be the reason. If you think about it then it makes sense. It has the hallmarks of abuse of the tourist visa or extended stay purposes, even if that was not your intention. If they smell a rat they will decline it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Would marry her tomorrow, but am going through a divorce, so not an option currently.

I appreciate all comments, but what I find hard to take is that she WILL NOT cost the UK taxpayer anything for her stay, yet

Couldnt agree with ya more. Unfortunatly all of the people who break the rules spoil it for those genuine people out there.

but what I find hard to take is that she WILL NOT cost the UK taxpayer anything for her stay,

You must bear in mind that the authorities have no absolute guarantee that she will remain with you. I am NOT casting any aspersions about your intentions or hers but its a lot less black and white than you seem to view it because of course its emotional to you.

Think about how you (might) feel about all the lackeys that ARE fraudulent.

London is full of Thai girls who arrived on 6 month visas, some working illegally, some in trouble etc, many still there despite the visa being long expired.

Thew rules are there to try and weed these out.

Going through a divorce is not actually a reason why you could not apply for a Fiancee Visa except for the fact that you must marry within a certain time scale.

Be patient Bro - you will get there.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Its quite simple she may only spend 6 months out of 12 months in the UK otherwise she could be classed as a resident. If she was to apply in 6 months time she may get another one. If i did the original application i would have said apply for a fiance visa next to marry in the UK valid for 6 months this would give you an opportunity to sort out your divorce etc.

The eco is quite correct and that's his opinion i would not waste my time re-applying as you must satisfy his concerns which you cannot.

Edited by AZZZEY68

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 6 months later...

Hope it worked out for you. Im dealing with the USA now. Already been a year....

I think the intent to marry is enough to start the paperwork. By the time it processes you should be divorced. Why wait.