IGNORED

Is Naklua worth a visit for the bars ?

rattlin

Hello All

Wheels down in two weeks and like to try new places for a change. I'm staying central Pats and was thinking about visiting the bar areas mantioned on the beer-hopping map on Naklua Road.

Are they worth a trip or given that it's low season would you say not bother?

Any info from someone on the ground would be appreciated.

Cheers Rattlin

I am not there at mo but yes they are ok... holywood disco is up there which can be fun... there is also a road that goes behind Fairtex hotel which is nice an quiet few bars , resturants.. its not for everyone but worth a trip i think.

USe to be mainly German area but that doesnt seemt to be the case anymore. Use to start up there when I use to stay in the sunshine garden hotel back in the day

A few years back it was mainly German but I think the Russians have taken it over.

I last went bar hopping there 3 years ago and it had lost some of it sparkle (Cute fun girts in the bars) imo

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

Thanks for that Gents - just had a look on Google maps and would have gone straight past that road behind Fairfax - will give it a try

I lived in Lithuania for a coule of years so the Russian rudeness doesn't bother me too much - will be a plus if the bars serve vodka the Russian way - as long as there are still some cute fun girls there

I am not there at mo but yes they are ok... holywood disco is up there which can be fun... there is also a road that goes behind Fairtex hotel which is nice an quiet few bars , resturants.. its not for everyone but worth a trip i think.

USe to be mainly German area but that doesnt seemt to be the case anymore. Use to start up there when I use to stay in the sunshine garden hotel back in the day

Hollywood in naklua???

Naklua does not seem to get written up at all. I can't read german or Russian, maybe thats the thing.  Then again I generally stay South of Walking Street and well an extra 10 minutes on a baht bus, and resisting the urge to get off at Soi 6 is irresistible.

A bar too far.

Gunna go look at the bar map on PA to remind myself.

I havent went drinking in Naklua in ages, years ago I stayed in that area so I went quite a few times trying to actually find somewhere with some good looking girls. I never had any luck, most of the girls were barely average or older. Since then I havent been back but I cant speak for how it is now.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

It's 10mins on a baht bus to Dolphin, get of there and walk away from Pattaya, plenty of bars and restaurants within the first 200 yards if you don't get the right vibe walk back down 2nd road to drinking street or get on the beach road baht bus 2mins to Soi 6. It's not going to take a lot of your time to give it a try. Explore n enjoy.

COYI

There are a lot of German catered for bars around the Nakula area but even though they are quiet compared to other areas they are well worth a visit ! But note the best are gone early doors much more so than in other areas

My first couple of trips I stayed in Naklua 2008/9 even then there was a big German influence and the bars I found had many mature girls but also many had a few farm fresh girls. I prefer something in between. Been back a couple of visits and was unimpressed.

If you're there for 2 weeks then yes, definitely worth heading up to Naklua for one night for a change of scene. Less clamour than South Pattaya, bit more laid back. But still loads of bars.

Sorry Not Holywood  its  StarDice lol

I've seen stardice, but never been in. Have you? Any good?

Cheers Chaps

I've thought as only a baht bus away I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried and tried to find Holywood disco on G maps and thought is it anywhere near Patong???

There was a hollywood club in Patong, no doubt its still there.

The one in patts is in central pattaya somewhere.

I stayed in Naklua on each of my three short trips to Pattaya... spread over three decades. I cann't say that I remember much about it from the first couple of visits, but from the last visit about three years ago my impression was favourable. However it does depend what you like and are looking for.

Naklua is less busy, with more of a friendly small town feel than Pattaya proper, which is something I like. Also, the nearby beach is better than Pattaya Beach. As for the bars, they all have their own character, but most have more of a "local" atmosphere about them than around Pattaya. You can have a drink and meet a few expats as well as visitors. There are a few women who are avaiable floating around the bars, some more than others, but for the most part it is in a low key kind of way.

It's worth checking out, I reckon, but if you find its not your thing, Pattaya is just a short baht bus ride away.

Cheers Chaps

I've thought as only a baht bus away I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried and tried to find Holywood disco on G maps and thought is it anywhere near Patong???

Hollywood Disco is behind the Big C in North Pattaya off Sai song (second road), not directly behind but turn right when going behind Big C, go straight then you will see it on your left.

Hollywood mostly has asian tourists and the girls that prefer them AFAIK... But might be able to pick one up.

Get Busy Living... Or Get Busy Dying

A few years back it was mainly German but I think the Russians have taken it over.

I last went bar hopping there 3 years ago and it had lost some of it sparkle (Cute fun girts in the bars) imo

I have stayed in the area several times, most recently in August 2015.

Due to the collapse of the Russian rouble (decline in oil price, western economic sanctions), there are relatively few Russian tourists there now. In all events, most of them seem to be on economy budgets and do not go much into the beer bars.

I'd say the biggest single groups are indeed Germans, Austrians, Dutch and quite a few Scandinavians. All quite civilised.

I like Naklua. But I like it in a way I (and most people) like the dark side, or Ban Chang, or Jomtien.... for once and a while. I also like it as a base, and there's a few good restaurants there with German food I like. Whenever I go to Naklua it is to start the evening, get some food, have a chat with some of my German friends, and then it's off to Soi 6, soi Diana or WS late at night

Archived