IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort or Sandy Spring Hotel

bongoz

I looking at a standard room with balcony at both hotels about the same price 1400 which has the nicer rooms and is there a better side of each hotel that I can ask for. the pool seams about the same size, are the beds the same firm or saggy..............thanks November 16 on the way

Pattaya Bay Resort is newer, service is better.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I looking at a standard room with balcony at both hotels about the same price 1400 which has the nicer rooms and is there a better side of each hotel that I can ask for. the pool seams about the same size, are the beds the same firm or saggy..............thanks November 16 on the way

HEY we are going to be there same time. I fly out of Vegas through LA on November 17th. From my resurch I would say PBR is a nicer place but Sandy Spring has a much better location. The bummer about Sandy Spring is that they don't have an in room safe unless you rent a suite and no free WIFI. I don't understand, WIFI & in room safes big enough to lock up a normal size lap top should be the norm.

What about arcea lodge nice looking pool, rooms look okay, bit away from WS but okay.

Never stayed there myself but might next time.

I stayed Lk renaiance(?) or how ever it's spelled great place but a bit dear if there for awhile and the pool is really small, built by thai for thai i think....lol.

Popular place at the moment with many BMs.

HEY we are going to be there same time. I fly out of Vegas through LA on November 17th. From my resurch I would say PBR is a nicer place but Sandy Spring has a much better location. The bummer about Sandy Spring is that they don't have an in room safe unless you rent a suite and no free WIFI. I don't understand, WIFI & in room safes big enough to lock up a normal size lap top should be the norm.

When I stayed at Sandy Spring about 4 weeks ago they had WIFI and it was free..........think it was a promotion or something like that

Sandy Springs has the best locaiton out of both of them by far IMHO.

Becareful, The toes you step on today might be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow... Arriba Arriba Cabrones!!!

Sandy Springs has the best locaiton out of both of them by far IMHO.

You are right about the location. However a safe in my room is a make or break deal for me. I can't believe in this day in age all these hotels don't offer a safe in your room. A place to lock up your passport, traveler checks, camera, lap top,

etc....

I have stayed at Sandy Spring 4 times now and the staff remember me and look after me well. I tried out Sabai Resort last time and got a fantastic bungalow style room with a private pool outside, to be shared amongst the small group of lodge/rooms. All going quite well till the Russians moved in next door - noise ALL night, doors banging, music & drinking out on the front deck. This went on for the next night too, so I moved out. The girl on the reception asked why I was going and said the Russians were 'bad people' and that they stayed there a lot. I may have been unlucky, but something to be mindful of?

I went back to Sandy Spring that day and the location is superb, no problems with having guests either. The hotel is quite basic as pointed out, but you can get a deposit box at reception. Not quite as convenient as your own, but it does the job. If you do go there, ask for a room overlooking the pool and as high as possible. The higher rooms are more expensive, but quieter.

This could be worth a look too, never stayed there but I did have a look round. It's next to Sandy Spring, so the location is great. http://www.whitehousecondotel.com/ If I remember rightly they have room safes too, but the rooms are not that large compared to Sandy Spring.

Edited by Archer4

I recently stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort in a one bedroom suite. It was a very nice place especially for the price. The only bad thing I have to say about this place is that the shower is either hot or cold there is no in between. If it wasn't for the shower issue I would stay there again, but it was bad enough for me scratch them off my list of hotels to stay at.

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

-Bruce Lee

I have stayed at Sandy Spring 4 times now and the staff remember me and look after me well. I tried out Sabai Resort last time and got a fantastic bungalow style room with a private pool outside, to be shared amongst the small group of lodge/rooms. All going quite well till the Russians moved in next door - noise ALL night, doors banging, music & drinking out on the front deck. This went on for the next night too, so I moved out. The girl on the reception asked why I was going and said the Russians were 'bad people' and that they stayed there a lot. I may have been unlucky, but something to be mindful of?

I went back to Sandy Spring that day and the location is superb, no problems with having guests either. The hotel is quite basic as pointed out, but you can get a deposit box at reception. Not quite as convenient as your own, but it does the job. If you do go there, ask for a room overlooking the pool and as high as possible. The higher rooms are more expensive, but quieter.

This could be worth a look too, never stayed there but I did have a look round. It's next to Sandy Spring, so the location is great. http://www.whitehousecondotel.com/ If I remember rightly they have room safes too, but the rooms are not that large compared to Sandy Spring.

i enjoyed my recent stay at sandy spring 7th floor street side ocean view.. much better location than pattaya bay..IMHO..all went well for me just walked in of the street an had pick what room i wanted...i personally liked the street side room because the pool side got the sun all day hot as fuck on the balcony and most of the scenery at the pool were fat fucks like me and people can see in your room on the poolside rooms(lower floors) street side room no noise at all and you can see the girls going to work from your balcony and watch the one you let go from your room klack off down the street back too there bar after you are done with them ...yes free wifi but promo only till the end of this month...another tip...good breakie at haven hotel and sportsman both right next door to sandy spring but across the street from the haven hotel there is a Scandinavian (i think) bar/resturaunt that as the most beautiful women working there all in traditional thai outfits ..i always stopped there for a beer and a perv on the way back to the hotel ..all beautiful the food looked good too...but i just drooled over the non bg waitresses working there ....yummy... good luck

I recently stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort in a one bedroom suite. It was a very nice place especially for the price. The only bad thing I have to say about this place is that the shower is either hot or cold there is no in between. If it wasn't for the shower issue I would stay there again, but it was bad enough for me scratch them off my list of hotels to stay at.

I stayed in room 204 all of last month. It is a standard room and the shower was the best I have had at any hotel I have stayed at in Thailand. Hope you complained as the poblem is probably fixable. Good hotel PBR.

i stayed at pbr in august had room 304 shower was great came back week later had room 601 bigger more expensive room (very nice room ) shower was shit either boiling hot or freezing cold

thanks all Im still planning my two weeks at the PBR but now I was offered a room at the Sabai Lodge for 1550 bht no breakfast, no free wifi but the pool is really nice...............

i stayed at pbr in august had room 304 shower was great came back week later had room 601 bigger more expensive room (very nice room ) shower was shit either boiling hot or freezing cold

same thing here. i loved the hotel, i stayed in the mini-suite, 6th floor.

the shower will keep me away, as it seems to be a upper floor problem.

hot, cold, hot, cold.. had to get my bg to help as its almost a 2 person operation :P

animalsdancingpanda6eb.gif

"You went full retard...."

Sgt Lincoln Osiris

For what it is worth I haven't stayed at the Sandy Spring so i cannot compare them but i did stay at the Pattaya Bay resort a few weeks back. I found it excellent value and had everything i needed except a electric jug for an early morning coffee or for noodles but that was easily solved witha jug from Big C . I stayed in a basic room. And i didn't have any problems with the shower but then i usually only have cold showers just to cool things down. The Wifi worked extremely well once i had it fiddled with as apparently Vista still has a few bugs with it.

Highly recomended.

babydollsaddict.gif

I have booked to stay at PBR in November and now i a concerned i will not be able to use the shower as there is no bath !!!

Does anyone know if the rooms are well insulated as i stayed at a hotel in Bangok once and it was the best hotel ever but very thin walls so could hear everyone coming and going was so bad had to move.

Thanks you

:o

For what it is worth I haven't stayed at the Sandy Spring so i cannot compare them but i did stay at the Pattaya Bay resort a few weeks back. I found it excellent value and had everything i needed except a electric jug for an early morning coffee or for noodles but that was easily solved witha jug from Big C . I stayed in a basic room. And i didn't have any problems with the shower but then i usually only have cold showers just to cool things down. The Wifi worked extremely well once i had it fiddled with as apparently Vista still has a few bugs with it.

Highly recomended.

Please take time to complete your profile and send a lengthy email - after reading my own profile Otherwise I will be unlikely to respond as I shall assume you have not taken the time highlights a lack of commitment or reliability.

I had read comments before i stayed there on the walls being very thin in the PBR but when i stayed there I had two different rooms , both being on the forth floor , and i was expecting disturbance from sounds from next door but the only sounds that i heard was when chairs were dragged along the tiles . There was a bloke next door for a few days with his wife and 2 young kids and i couldn't hear the kids at all . Maybe i am going deaf but it didn't bother me at all.

babydollsaddict.gif

I stayed at the PBR in November, 2007 and didn't have any problem with noise or the shower. The shower problem (boiling hot or ice cold water) seems fairly common in Thai hotels, but the maintenance guy can usually sort it quickly. What I've been told several times is that the previous guest in the room sometimes tries to fiddle with the settings on the water heater and mucks things up badly. Maybe it's just an excuse, but it is nevertheless a wise idea to ask the hotel to fix an problem rather than trying yourself.

Evil

:Evil_Grin2:

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

The Sandy Spring is running a promotion of having free wifi until end of October, still no safe yet. (stayed there in late September)

Regarding the noise in SS ask for a pool room since the stand street view have adjoining door and if you get a screamer (or you are one sorry SJ) then it doesn't have an adjoining door.

Also stayed in Acra on Soi Diana cheaper safe in the room but no wifi and nicer pool.

Also Nearer Murphy's place in Rock House bar and Robin's nest for a great breakfast

Edited by weescotsguy66