IGNORED

Stamp transfer to new passport.

cfcjeff 59

Next month im off to Laos to get my last 90 days before my non o visa expires, i then head down to bangkok to renew my UK passport  which is now full up.

So my question is, when i return to laos in a couple of months to get my new non o multi visa can i just present my new passport and the old passport with the last entry stamp in it, or will i need to go my immigation first to transfer the stamp to my new passport ? Hope that makes sense.

I cannot say for Laos but when i went to Brazil, I took my renewed US passport and my old US passport which contained my Brazilian visa. There was no problem. They just looked at and stamped my new US passport and looked for the current Brazilian visa in my old US passport and I was able to enter at Sao Paulo, Brazil. I would assume that this would be the same procedure entering Laos.

Owl

When I got my new passport in May, the embassy gave me a letter to give to Thai immigration to transfer my entry visa from my old pp into my new pp. When I was leaving the country a few weeks later via Don Meuang airport, immigration took me into their office and spent about 15 minutes transferring my entry stamp from my old pp into my new pp and then gave me the exit stamp. They were very helpful and professional. Oh, and they definitely wanted to see the letter the embassy gave me, so don't forget that.

I hope that helps some.

Cheers

When I got my new passport in May, the embassy gave me a letter to give to Thai immigration to transfer my entry visa from my old pp into my new pp. When I was leaving the country a few weeks later via Don Meuang airport, immigration took me into their office and spent about 15 minutes transferring my entry stamp from my old pp into my new pp and then gave me the exit stamp. They were very helpful and professional. Oh, and they definitely wanted to see the letter the embassy gave me, so don't forget that.

I hope that helps some.

Cheers

I hope that helps some.

Cheers

I hope that helps some.

Cheers

Thanks for info.. did you have to pay for letter ?  this was at trendy building soi 13 ?

• 4 weeks later...

You can have the visa transferred at the airport when you depart or just swing by the immigration office in Jomtien and have it done at your convienance.

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

• 2 weeks later...

The transfer is supposed to be free from old to new passport but Udon immigration tried to get 500 baht out of me to do this.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Forgot on previous post, do not forget to change your passport number on any and all bank accounts that you hold in Thailand as they require to see the passport for many things to do with banking.   Think you should also change it on driving license if that is the number that you used on the license, I tried but they wouldn`t do this so my numbers are different now.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

In January I entered Thailand and got a 30 day visa waiver stamp. I got a new Australian passport after I arrived. When I exited I presented both the new and old (cancelled) passports. I was directed to another desk where they headed off with both passports and I was instructed to sit an wait. When I got them back they had placed a stamp in my old passport and a few stamps in the new one (burning a whole page). The whole process took an extra 10 minutes or so at immigration and didn't cost anything. This was at the main airport in Bangkok.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived