IGNORED

Cancer risk 'even from light drinking'

QuotaMan

Everything causes cancer, sheesh

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33975946

Even light and moderate drinking - up to one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men - could increase the risk of cancer, say researchers.

The work in the British Medical Journal looked at two large US studies involving more than 100,000 adults.

The clearest link was for breast cancer.

Experts say the findings reinforce the health message that people should limit how much they drink and have some alcohol-free days.

There is no guaranteed safe level of drinking, but if you drink within the recommended daily limits, the risks of harming your health are low, they say.

_75306515_line976.jpg The risks
  • Alcohol is linked to an increased risk of mouth, throat, gullet, bowel, liver and breast cancer
  • Smoking and drinking together further increases cancer risk
  • All types of alcohol increase cancer risk
  • The more you drink, the higher the risk
  • Cutting down on alcohol can reduce cancer risk

Source: Alcohol facts and evidence - Cancer Research UK

_75306515_line976.jpg

The NHS recommends that men should not regularly drink more than three to four units (two cans of 4.5% lager) a day and women two to three units (two small glasses of 12% wine) a day - although these drinking guidelines are currently under review and so could change.

In the American studies, light to moderate drinking was defined as up to 15g alcohol (a small glass of wine) per day for women and up to 30g alcohol (two 355ml bottles of beer) per day for men.

For women, the researchers observed, the risk of alcohol-related cancers - mainly breast cancer - increased even after one alcoholic drink a day.

No significant link was found in men who had never smoked, but among men who were current or ex-smokers, light or moderate drinking appeared to increase the risk of certain cancers.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

I don't even listen to all this crap anymore ... enjoy life ... !! 

if you followed all the advice you would not live any longer it would just seem like it.

come to pattaya and play traffic roulette instead

You have to consider "Risk v Reward" for instance I will not use the Thai mini vans for trips as they are bloody dangerous but I will f**k LBFM without a second thought.

I eat a moderately high cholesterol diet and drink too much but I generally enjoy life and as Billy Connolly once said "The 10 extra years you get for living a healthy life is when you are in your 60's and 70's" now if i could have an extra 10 years in my twenty s that would be a different matter but alas!

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

It is possible to live to be 100... If you give up the things that make you want to live to be 100! Just saying :Think1:

The following will inhibit your sexual activity:

* Alcohol

* Smoking

* Fatty/greasy/oily foods

It's not just about longevity; It's quality of life while you're living it.

Something to consider if your health, and especially your sexual health, are important to you.

The following will inhibit your sexual activity:

* Alcohol

* Smoking

* Fatty/greasy/oily foods

It's not just about longevity; It's quality of life while you're living it.

Something to consider if your health, and especially your sexual health, are important to you.

My sexual health matter to me about 10minutes per day .I wouldnt want spend the other 23 hrs 50 minutes sober 

Too late for me then after almost 13 years in Pattaya.,  :)

My parents have already got it. :(

I smoked all my life I liked to drink in march I had cancer surgery on my mouth, I had most of my lower left jaw removed, The  treatment is still on going I had some oral surgery the other day to rebuild my jaw and gums so I can have implants, All the treatment are fucking horrible and painfull, I stopped smoking last year before my diagnosis , stopping drinking no way, If I had my time over again I would almost certainly do the same,Giving up what you enjoy does not make you live longer, it just seems like it.

i live in Spain and people here have always been drinking wine with food (just a glass of wine with lunch and dinner). The average life expectancy estimated in 2015 was 83 years which is one of the highest rates in Europe. So go figure. In fact here it is believed that drinking red wine prevents cancer and cardiovascular diseases.

I think I have colon cancer.  Can one of you guys check for me?  Excuse me if I have a wank while you do it.  :)

my doctor told me to stop wanking, when I asked why, she told me

i'm trying to take your blood pressure

Archived