IGNORED

Opey De Place

sam79

Back in March this year I stayed there and no problem with the girls but you had to pay for the second girl. I believe it was 250-300 baht. They collected

their id and you have to talk with the desk for them to release the id.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is girl friendly, not sure about 2 girls tho, most charge for the second girl but I seem to recall one BM saying that 2 girls was okay, best to email them and check.

Thanks, guys.

How were the rooms and WiFi ?

Is the swimming pool clean ?

The rooms are very old and in desperate need of a refit

The WiFi is poor

Good swimming pool

Is there a safe in the room?

Website doesn't mention it

If the rooms are run down, do you guys recommend a better place in the LK Metro area?

Clean rooms, Good WiFi and safe.

Price range 800-1000 Baht

Stayed in Drunken Duck before. It was okish. WiFi wasn't great.

What about Billabong ?

Safety boxes at reception, pool is decent, rooms r old but okay.

There has been a recent thread on opey, all the info u need

Your asking about a pool then mention drunken duck and the Billabong?

Nature view, hotel dania and the Chaba hut great hotels in your price range with great pools

The rooms are very old and in desperate need of a refit

The WiFi is poor

Good swimming pool

Whats with all these negative waves man, always with the negative waves :GoldenSmile1: , in another thread you suggested the place had bed bugs without showing any evidence, iam beginning to think that your a one man crusade to get it closed down :GoldenSmile1: . seriously though what is your beef ?.

To the OP;  i found the WIFI ok by Thia standards, all rooms have a safe, two ladies is 200 Baht extra, pool good, staff friendly, rooms cleaned daily, quiet location.

The only thing i would point out is that the rooms at the front overlooking Lengkee don't get much sun on the balcony, so if this is a problem get a room at the rear overlooking the pool.

Whats with all these negative waves man, always with the negative waves :GoldenSmile1: , in another thread you suggested the place had bed bugs without showing any evidence, iam beginning to think that your a one man crusade to get it closed down :GoldenSmile1: . seriously though what is your beef ?.

To the OP;  i found the WIFI ok by Thia standards, all rooms have a safe, two ladies is 200 Baht extra, pool good, staff friendly, rooms cleaned daily, quiet location.

The only thing i would point out is that the rooms at the front overlooking Lengkee don't get much sun on the balcony, so if this is a problem get a room at the rear overlooking the pool.

No beef

I used to,stay at the opey up to 4/5 years ago

Stopped staying there because the rooms are old and need a refit and the wifi is shit

These are facts from my experience and the bed one of my kids slept in did have bed bugs

No beef

I used to,stay at the opey up to 4/5 years ago

Stopped staying there because the rooms are old and need a refit and the wifi is shit

These are facts from my experience and the bed one of my kids slept in did have bed bugs

Thanks for your reply, i now respect your appraisal of Opey de.

This shows how two peoples experiences of the same place can be so different.

• 3 months later...

Your asking about a pool then mention drunken duck and the billabong?

Nature view, hotel dania and the Chaba hut great hotels in your price range with great pools

Hi mancity09 - does Chaba Hut have wifi in rooms? Free? What did you make of the place. I like the look of it on their site but haven't seen much about it on PA.

Hi mancity09 - does Chaba Hut have wifi in rooms? Free? What did you make of the place. I like the look of it on their site but haven't seen much about it on PA.

Rooms are good mate nice size with balcony over looking the pool, yes free wifi but make sure you stay in the new building and not on the building which is on Soi baukhauw, I wouldn't let my dog stay in there

I stay nature view now, can't go wrong there

Thanks mancity09 - might give it a try - I like the whole Jungle room vibe. So of the rooms on offer - Pink Studio, Junior Suite, The Hut, Pink Apartment, Chaba View - can you recall which ones to avoid?

I'd ask the hotel but they seem to have not discovered that they have an email address.

Also tempted by nature View. WIll give their site a look.

Thanks again.

Thanks mancity09 - might give it a try - I like the whole jungle room vibe. So of the rooms on offer - Pink Studio, Junior Suite, The Hut, Pink Apartment, Chaba View - can you recall which ones to avoid?

I'd ask the hotel but they seem to have not discovered that they have an email address.

Also tempted by nature View. WIll give their site a look.

Thanks again.

Pink studio is the building on baukhouw, the hut is the tree house type of rooms and Chiba view is the new building mate

Marvelous service sir, thanks a bunch.

Archived