IGNORED

Booking Sites

MFKS

Now excuse the ignorance as I have never used a booking site before so have a few questions.

I am looking to book a flight to LoS and my preferred airline on its site is doing it for a little more than some of these booking sites like Expedia Skyscanner etc.

Just out of curiosity if I was to go with the booking site to make my booking I have some questions.

1. Is the price they are offering legit. Ie no add on fees no extra fee to pay by credit card??

2. Will i get to pick my seat on flights at time of booking or not?? My airline's site allows me this option??

3. Will I be able to provide FF details etc to get status and miles on the flights and have that sorted at time of booking or will I have to chase up at Airport to let Airline know I am an FF??

4. How reliable are these Booking sites for issues and sorting matters??

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it, the sites that come up on Skyscanner are legit. It's also very common that their price is lower than at the airline website. You can't book directly through Skyscanner, it takes you to another website to buy the ticket. Now, from my experience only:

1. the price is legit, but there can be credit card fees.

2. not at the time of the booking, but you get a booking code and you can use this to access your reservation at the airline's website to choose your seat.

3. FF program, either during booking, otherwise you can also do this via your reservation at the airline website. 

4. that probably depends on the website, but the few times I had issues, they were resolved. still, the website is a middle-man between you and the airline so it can delay things somewhat.

I have used comparison sites a lot, then booked through them, sometimes when I check the airline, which I have the last 3 times I have seen the same price from the airline and booked with them, easier in my opinion to sort out ant potential issues that may arise, i.e strikes, cancellations, etc.

Once booked from a booking site you are still able to pick your seat on the airlines own website.

OK thanks for the replies

Might go with booking site as the saving will nearly pay for travel insurance

Archived