IGNORED

Samsung notebook

jimboh

Not much of a computer guy, just a bit of e-mailing, sports checking etc 

I have a Samsung notebook small computer, screen is approx. 11".

Have had it for about 4 years, love it,

But its seen better days.

Want to buy something similar but looks like Samsung-and others-don't do these small type computers anymore.

Not much of a computer guy, just a bit of e-mailing, sports checking etc 

I have a Samsung notebook small computer, screen is approx. 11".

Have had it for about 4 years, love it,

But its seen better days.

Want to buy something similar but looks like Samsung-and others-don't do these small type computers anymore.

Come and trow it in my garbage bin ...., but tell me time when ..., :GoldenSmile1:  as I keep now a 10 inch MSI wind 100 clone alive for 7 years , it received now his third disk , from 80 gb to 250 now 500gb + doubled the memory seems indestructible , using it as reserve laptop besides my new asus ,that I  bought here new on PA.  

Those little things where very good at that time for simple pc use !

plenty replacements in same 11 inch still around

https://techblog.tv/best-convertible-laptop-comparison-chart-hybrid-laptop-tablet/

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

• 2 weeks later...

The Chromebook has taken over from the Netbook.  Small, yet powerful, machines that run the Chrome browser and allow limited downloading of applications.  If all you need is internet access then the Chromebook will serve you well.  

And a they start at just £149!

Google around for more information.

Here's a start  with reviews here.

(I'm writing this with ease on an Acer C720 which is over a 18 months old and is still running well)

yes the chrome book is the new netbook, or failing that what about one of the new tablet/laptop combo's. they come in small sizes like you had before and you get the best of both worlds then... i have linked one below

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-x2-10-n054sa-10-1-2-in-1-white-10132635-pdt.html

though there are many other similar options

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

• 3 weeks later...

If you need a lightweight, portable device, but a tablet just won't cut it for you - look into Microsoft Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3, depending on your needs. After trying one I am seriously thinking to get as a replacement for mine Samsung 13" notebook.

.... or start looking into the iPad Pro with keyboard case. More likely chance for it to be around longer - unless you're heavily invested in Windows software.

If you need a lightweight, portable device, but a tablet just won't cut it for you - look into Microsoft Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3, depending on your needs. After trying one I am seriously thinking to get as a replacement for mine Samsung 13" notebook.

M$ Surface, really? Crap apps store running on an OS that can not touch Android or IOS that thing was doomed from the start.

IMO Get yourself a cheap I5 laptop with 8GB RAM and  1TB HDD or get an SSD for primary and convert the CD drive bay with a HDD chassis to dual disk the laptop.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

M$ Surface, really? Crap apps store running on an OS that can not touch Android or IOS that thing was doomed from the start.

IMO Get yourself a cheap I5 laptop with 8GB RAM and  1TB HDD or get an SSD for primary and convert the CD drive bay with a HDD chassis to dual disk the laptop.

A bit OTT for a web client?

A bit OTT for a web client?

OP was asking for a notebook not a netbook. My suggestion was based on that.

Netbooks have long been surpassed by tablets. IMHO.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Archived