IGNORED

Thakin's Brother in law is the new Thai PM

JASONTHAI

Somchai Wongsawat is the 26th Thai prime minister

BANGKOK: -- Somchai Wongsawat, brother in law of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, became the 26th Thai prime minister after winning voting in the parliament on Wednesday.

Somchai, deputy leader of People Power Party, won 298 to 163 over Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva. Five abstained.

House Speaker Chai Chidchob announced Somchai's victory after about an hour of voting.

PPP MPs voted for Somchai on Wednesday after difference over the nomination inside the party can be settled on Tuesday. A faction in the PPP on Monday vowed not to vote for Somchai.

Somchai was married to Yaowapa, the younger sister of former prime minister Thaksin.

Yaowapa was a member of the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai Party and lost her voting right when the party was dissolved. His daughter Chinnicha is the youngest female MP in the current House of Representatives.

Political observers said Somchai's strength lies in his soft and gentle character, which is why he would be the perfect person to negotiate an end to political tensions with the anti-government group, People's Alliance for Democracy.

Somchai was justice permanent secretary from 1999 to 2006, and then became permanent secretary for the Labour Ministry.

In 2003, when Somchai was permanent secretary of justice, he made headlines for conflicting with then-justice minister Purachai Piumsombun over the ministry's budget.

-- The Nation 2008-09-17

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

I think that's another case of Tit (this is Thailand). Now you can see very clearly that Mr. Thaksin is still in the

game of leading the country or at least he has a huge influence on the gouverments business. Do these members

of parliament really think that Mr. Somchai can solve the problems of the country or at least that these protesters

in Bangkok will go home now? I don't think so. I don't know what to say about this anymore. I just hope that nothing

bad will happen here in Thailand.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

their only fighting about who's turn at the trough it is.

not how to bring the country forward

Member since Dec 06.

This is just another case of thai logic at work!!!!!!!

It's why i love thailand and at the same time hate it.......................lol.

Keep it in the family.

Like the Pattaya bike.

We all know there is Polotics & then naughty business.

Its bad at home with all the lies and shit never mind any where else is it not.

That's like impeaching George and electing Jeb.

When life gives you lemons...

Fuck the lemons and grab a beer.

Read my trip report!

Pics