IGNORED

Two year licence renewal! Happy

Chubzilla

Folks,

Had to renew my Thai licence as it was 1) expired and 2) lost. (had a 1 year licence on a tourist stamp)

All I had was my old Thai licences which had expired a long time ago (well over a year) as proof of ID (also had passport of course)

I explained my current licence was lost but had also expired. No problem! Just had to sign a form which stated that the licence was lost (didn't need police report or paper from police). 

Thought the fact that I had no police report and licence was expired would be a problem, but no. 

Anyway, did the usual tests eye, reflex and depth perception, that was it. 

Was in and out in 1 hr 20 mins, pretty good considering first time I got licence it was nearly the whole day (though I had to do the test and also the practical riding bit) and the last time I went (just to renew) it was still 4 hours I was in there. 

This time I went at about 2.30pm, doing the tests was only me and one other farang, previously there have been about 20 people. 

And the best part of all, they gave me a TWO YEAR licence! I don't know why, and was not going to ask in case they changed their minds. Really happy about that, I am only ever on Visa exemption stamps, so I cannot get 5 year. 

Anyone else renewed a licence on a tourist stamp and got 2 years? Not sure if it is a standard thing now. 

The change was back in March of this year. The temporary, or provisional, license is now issued for two years. No more one year licenses.

Archived