IGNORED

Real estate agent recommendations

rollingstonedan

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good real estate agent? I'm looking for a commercial property to rent in the Pattaya area., preferably East Pattaya.

After a long time thinking about it I'm planning on opening a coffee shop / restaurant with my Thai partner.

We're not looking at renting anything until next year but I want to start getting some contacts and see what's about.

Thanks in advance gents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for you advice. I'll check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be careful

Ive have dealings with a few of the big ones over the last 12 months.

A lot no change that, all of them seem to keep advertising propertys that have already been rented out

Just be careful

Ive have dealings with a few of the big ones over the last 12 months.

A lot no change that, all of them seem to keep advertising propertys that have already been rented out

In a vast majority of cases it is not the agent's fault as the owner will lit the property with every agent in town and then not give them the courtesy to let them know when it is rented.

Really? I've never met one.

Most agents will say the same of a majority of potential clients in Pattaya as a majority are tire kickers and time wasters looking for something that does not exist.

Have never looked at any commercial property, but for condo's:

Alan Bolton gave me a good impression, and is worth checking out (never bought anything through them though).

Town&Country (Paul Eddershaw) I can really recommend. Have bought several condo's through them.

Altec is right, it is difficult to keep up with the status of listings for the reason he stated. Every few months we attempt to update status with property owners, and periodically we'll remove all listings more than a few months old. We don't intentionally leave stale properties on our website as we're aware it is frustrating to inquire only to find out the property is not available, and also a waste of everyone's time.  But as Altec points out, property status is constantly changing and we're not always made aware of that.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a Condo in VT5 more than a year ago and the listing is still advertised by a couple of agents and on Pattaya People website...

• 3 weeks later...

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Can anyone recommend a good real estate agent? I'm looking for a commercial property to rent in the Pattaya area., preferably East Pattaya.

After a long time thinking about it I'm planning on opening a coffee shop / restaurant with my Thai partner.

We're not looking at renting anything until next year but I want to start getting some contacts and see what's about.

Thanks in advance gents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better off driving around the area and looking for signs hung up in front of buildings saying "Rent", plenty around and dealing direct with the owner will save you money. Just make sure your Thai Partner makes contact and sorts out the financials before you show your face. 

If there are no signs up where you want to rent but there does look like unoccupied buildings get your Thai Partner to knock on doors in the area and ask if there is anything available, usually the people in the area will know what is going.

Better off driving around the area and looking for signs hung up in front of buildings saying "Rent", plenty around and dealing direct with the owner will save you money. Just make sure your Thai Partner makes contact and sorts out the financials before you show your face. 

If there are no signs up where you want to rent but there does look like unoccupied buildings get your Thai Partner to knock on doors in the area and ask if there is anything available, usually the people in the area will know what is going.

+1 :Think1: This reminds me my secretary always  made arrangements before   I showed my face .... even for a Taxi .......In Nigeria ....same things white skin is expensive to carry....folks   :GoldenSmile1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
18 hours ago, Molly53 said:

I have used Pattaya Condos For Sale they provided me with a great service and I got me a condo in Wong Amat area. I would highly recommend them.

Spam spam spam and more spam.

Not only are you a first-time poster promoting what is probably your own website, but the website in question is an off-the-peg Wordpress theme in which the images havent even been changed from the default:

Your "Jason Suttherland":

agent2-1-19-13-525x328.jpg

The default image from the theme homepage http://wpresidence.net/

original4-e1446134030775-120x120.jpg

I also like the testimonial from "Lisa Simpson", again with an image and name unchanged from the original theme default:

testimonial-11_53f1beda047f1305685726b50

Did her dad Homer buy a condo from you too?

Proof if anyone needed it that real estate agents here are a bunch of incompetent losers who have no qualms at all about misleading people and publishing completely fake information.

Been looking myself at different estate agents. I contacted paragon about 4 properties they had listed for rent. Someone got back too me and asked where I wanted, how much, when I wanted to move in and  how long the rental was for. I replied over a week ago and still heard nothing back. I then decided to try ghecko property's looked at there site picked a few then went personally to there shop. Gave them the details and they said there letting team would be in touch the next day this was 3 days ago. There was an English guy there that suggested I walk around different condos and look myself? For a market that supposed to be over saturated with rentals the letting agents I've tried don't seem to want the business. 

3 hours ago, Bertman said:

Been looking myself at different estate agents. I contacted paragon about 4 properties they had listed for rent. Someone got back too me and asked where I wanted, how much, when I wanted to move in and  how long the rental was for. I replied over a week ago and still heard nothing back. I then decided to try ghecko property's looked at there site picked a few then went personally to there shop. Gave them the details and they said there letting team would be in touch the next day this was 3 days ago. There was an English guy there that suggested I walk around different condos and look myself? For a market that supposed to be over saturated with rentals the letting agents I've tried don't seem to want the business. 

Most are a waste of time. Very few want to put in anywork. From past experience the majority have set up in pattaya with zero experience in real estate.

best tip i was given was look around and when you see a building you like the look of go inside and see whats for rent.

most buildings will have ads for rentals in the entrance somwhere.

as long as any former McDonalds emplyee as clown can become a "professional" real estate agent its quite pointless to use them .

drive around there are RENT signs everywhere , "use" gf as first contact and youll be all set .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Hi everyone my first post, almost ready to move to Pattaya, house sold in UK, so I am very soon seriously on the market for two things, I don't expect to plunge in two feet. But I want to look at a Condo for about 2 Million on a buy to let basis. And rent a Villa for about 40,000 baht per month, so really looking for good agent. But have taken on board advantages of looking around as well. Websites tend to give a good impression, and so far I have found the best to be two of those mentioned above, not going to give links as it is my first post. But the Gecko site is excellent, but they do have an enormous amount of properties. Like the place must be empty, so not sure how many of those are actually available. And the Alan Bolton site is good as well. Gives a bit more information which is useful. 

So what you guys are saying, is actually reflecting in the websites. some can't be bothered to list well at all and 5 mins looking and you have to move on. But others excellent information and would of course be your first port of call. 

Regarding buying a condo, I would recommend talking to an owner or two in the complex (unless its a new complex) to find out how its run and the financial status of the complex.

Archived