Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Qatar put extra seats in Economy

davidge

Possible bad news for those BM's using Qatar:

For years, Qatar Airways has set itself apart from its Gulf rivals.

Unlike the latter, who have configured their B777 economy cabins with tight 10-across seating for years, Qatar Airways has prided itself on a more comfortable nine-across 3-3-3 layout.

However times are changing and on Monday, Qatar Airways’ newest B777-300ER quietly appeared on the Doha-London route operating flight QR11. And, instead of the 9-across seating they were expecting, economy passengers found themselves sitting in a 10-across 3-4-3 configuration.

At the same time, the airline has installed the new Recaro 3710 slimline seating which made its debut with KLM last November (see news, November 14, 2014) which have already drawn negative comments from KLM passengers.

Why has Qatar Airways adopted slimline seating and this tighter layout?

It’s simply because Doha’s national airline cannot afford to see its Gulf rivals have a cost advantage. By going 10-across, the airline’s B777-300ERs can accommodate an additional 23 economy class passengers per flight. It means that on a busy service to Europe, the carrier can garner many hundreds of pounds in additional revenue.

So while business class retains the same 2-2-2 configuration with 42 seats, the economy seat count increases from 293 to 316 seats.

At this stage, with only a single B777-300ER configured with the new seating, it is unclear whether some or all the carrier’s other B777-300ERs will be retrofitted.

Qatar Airways may decide to retain the 3-3-3 configuration for those longer B777-300ER flights it operates from Doha to Latin America, US and Australia.

In other words, the tighter 10-across layout may be intended for flights to Europe and Asia.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Skytrax make the point previously that no Carrier with 10 across on 777's will remain 5 Star Members.

Out of interest that Recaro seating is being fitted in Easyjet on retro fits and new deliveries

Man the KLM configuration is terrible. Horrible cramped window seats. The window seat in the emergency exit row is extremely bad. I was sat in the middle seat of this row earlier this year when an average sized western guy came to sit in the window seat and actually asked to be moved. You know you've messed up when someone asks to be moved from an emergency exit row.

The slim line seat on KLM and Lufthansa are as comfortable as the original.
Happy I only done short haul in those and can't imagine how 6-7 hours in 10 across config would feel.

Slim line (397x640).jpg

Original Slim liner

I find emirates fine and they are 10 across. But I do prefer Qatar.  

I think KLM had some seats that were unusual when they reclined (?)

That's why I enjoy Eva. 3-3-3 on their 777's

Only problem with Eva is that 3 of the 4 Aisle Seats have the AVOD boxes under the seat in front.  You're fucked if its full and you're tall

So part of the new Qatar  B777-300ER are still 3-3-3 ?

So far appears to be just the london-doha route.

Coming to an airport near you soon. Maybe.

So part of the new Qatar  B777-300ER are still 3-3-3 ?

Were did it say that ?

Some routes will have the configuaration in 3-4-3 and others in 3-3-3. Don't think it will mix and match on same aircraft

This is a real pisser.  Good news is for those who are prepared to go "around the houses" business fares on Qatar can be found for £1000 and less.  I'm going in November from Copenhagen for £980, connecting flights on Easyjet to/from Manchester cost £80.  Not much of a premium, additional airmiles and another year of Silver Status on BA from one trip.  With the additional £350 over economy for me.

Were did it say that ?

Some routes will have the configuaration in 3-4-3 and others in 3-3-3. Don't think it will mix and match on same aircraft

See www.theqatarsource.com/seatmap

Economy rows 10/11/18/19/30/31/40/41/42 are still 3-3-3  rest are 3-4-3.

See www.theqatarsource.com/seatmap

Economy rows 10/11/18/19/30/31/40/41/42 are still 3-3-3  rest are 3-4-3.

Strange set up that indeed

http://www.theqatarsource.com/seatmaps/77w/42j316y.html

If you're flying that aircraft have to make sure we know which one is on the Route

Understand  this aircraft will be on two routes :-

Doha-Bangkok

Doha-Hanoi.

Future B777-300ER new configuration will be used on routes to India.

Only problem with Eva is that 3 of the 4 Aisle Seats have the AVOD boxes under the seat in front.  You're fucked if its full and you're tall

Get the G seat, you can choose the seat 100 days before the flight 

Qatar are still flying 2 x a380s a day. so choose your flight carefully and you can avoid this.

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

I'm pretty sure I sat on G seats before and had those horrible boxes by the feet, I'm flying out again soon and have chosen D seat.

Anyone with any luck by asking at the check in counter to change there seats to emergency exit row seats?

Flying out October 4th but of my 4 flights 3 are A380's and only 1 is B777.

Although will be watching as already got my seats numbers booked.

agggghhhhhhhhhhh.........!!

I'm pretty sure I sat on G seats before and had those horrible boxes by the feet, I'm flying out again soon and have chosen D seat.

Anyone with any luck by asking at the check in counter to change there seats to emergency exit row seats?

D has the box underneath

Qatar are still flying 2 x a380s a day. so choose your flight carefully and you can avoid this.

Be well Dave

Well yes but you're not going to choose connections where there may be long transit periods just to avoid the 777

Well yes but you're not going to choose connections where there may be long transit periods just to avoid the 777

2 hours and 2 hours 45 mins are not long lay overs as far as i'm concerned.

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Archived